Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face New member introduction

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to the computer part of crocheting, but I thought I would give it a go. I am 58 years old and an avid crochet person from way back. I do a little knitting, but crochet mostly when my hands will let me. I am also a crafter and a sewer from way back. My mother taught me most of what I know and I am one of those people who can read it in a book or watch a video and then do it. I also have done bead work, stained glass work, as well as had my hand in many other crafts. Hope to be hearing from you all real soon.

If I do something in error, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks,
    Jaxwoman

2. Likes Anaisa, MarjorieCrochets, 2Cathy2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie here and really don't have a clue what to write. I reside in Omaha, NE. My experience with knitting and crocheting started before I went to Kindergarten, so I've doing this for a long time. Currently I have a knit sweater almost completed and two crocheted afghans that just need have the strips sewn together.

If I mess up please correct me. I'll need help to get started here. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

5. Likes Anaisa, MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! Can you put pictures of your works? Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jaxwoman! Hi Beniann! Welcome to the group! There are lots of wonderful people here, we're a pretty friendly bunch. Someone is almost always ready with an answer to questions, or a suggestion for a stitch or pattern if you need it. Jump right in, we love to share pics of what we're doing, not just crochet, but other crafts as well. So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jaxwoman, Beniann, howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome to both of you! So glad you found us and decided to join our group!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! We are delighted to have you here! Sounds like you have been busy in being creative! Thanks for joining us!

11. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the nice welcome. I shall post some pics of some of the things I have done when I get the hang of posting in here. I just recently made some potholders out of washcloths. The old ones I made decades ago were starting to get holes in them so they had to go. I have never bought a potholder in my life. My mother taught me how to make them. I made two sets in less than a day. These new ones will last me for another 20 years. If anyone does freehand crochet they are very easy to make. I fold the wash cloth into 4's and baste around the inside with number 10 crochet thread and a big needle. I then use yarn and a crochet hook size 5 or F and an ice pick. As I go around and make the holes to put my needle through, I just single crochet all the way around. After that I just do a couple of singles inside each stitch and a few more around the corners and then a shell stitch to finish it off. Sometimes I make a bigger border depending on the size of the wash cloth. They wash nicely as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that idea, gotta try it myself!