Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello - New Here

Hi. I'm Mrs. L and have been crocheting for about 45 years. I am basically self taught, so my beginnings and endings are probably a little different from anyone elses. I crochet all sorts of things from baby layettes, to an 18" Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus set. Just now I am almost finished with a granny square bed cover, that has a raised flower as the center of each square. I made it in red, with one row of green, and finish off with two rows of white. It's turned out lovely, but I ran out of white yarn, and have to purchase another skein to finish. I have no idea what to do with it after it is completed, but hope to find some place to sell it, although I need help in how to figure what I should charge.

Anyway, I had four children (all grown now), but my one daughter died when she was 38, but I also have six grandchildren and a brand new great grand baby girl. I often make christening layettes which include a dress, coat, pants, hat, and booties, all in pure white baby yarn, and that is my usual baby shower gift. My usual bridal shower gift is a gorgeous white shawl, made from baby white yarn, which the bride can use on a chilly day, or when she steps outside to get a breath of fresh air during her wedding reception. I'm a retired executive assistant and spend most of my time watching classic TV. That includes both classic TV programs from the 50's and 60's (western and contemporary), and I love channel TCM for the old classic movies starring folks like Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Bette Davis, and Ginger Rogers, etc.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

I couldn't find this, so I posted a second time, sorry I guess I didn't see an explanation for a time lapse, but I gave a bit more info in this first post, than the second.

Hi, I'm Mrs. L and I just typed a post but it disappeared. Anyway, I've been crocheting for about 45 years now. I'm self taught so my beginnings and endings are probably a little different from most people's. I love to crochet anything from baby layettes (which include a dress/shirt, coat, hat, booties, and blanket), to an 18 inch tall Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus decoration where Santa is holding a large toy bag in front of him, and Mrs. Claus is holding a string of ornaments. I've sold a lot of those sets in my time.

I am a retired executive assistant, who had four children all grown up now (my one daughter died), but she left a lovely daughter and a son. I also have six grand children and a brand new great-grand baby girl. I also love classic TV and movies which I watch all day long, and put in a DVD when there is nothing else on. I try to find as many classic movies that I can.
    Last edited by Mrs L; 04-21-2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: found original

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! I saw your posts in another intro thread, so I moved them so that you can be welcomed in your own thread! We are glad you are here - please let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I love to make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, and welcome; I am sorry for your loss; happy crocheting.