Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

ANYONE USE A DRESSMAKER fORM?

Hi everyone,
    I am thinking of purchasing an adjustable dressmaker form to help with sizing on my crocheted tops and sweaters. I would like to hear from someone who uses one and get some advice on what to purchase. Thanks. Katia

Post Thanks / Like
    Katia,

Hello! I have not personally used one of the forms, but here is a link to someone who has used one along with comments.

Make Your Own Dress Form « Fabric Follies

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Barbara. I am checking these out. I didn't know you could make your own. Thanks for the quick reply. Happy Holidays!
    Katia

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried to make their own dress form? How successful were you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gaile,

I have not and am curious if anyone else has as well. Looking forward to hearing! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I purchased the "My Double Deluxe" from ebay on Christmas. It was by far the best price I could find and shipping was very reasonable. I am anxious to get it. I hope it helps with sizing - I especially like to crochet sweaters from the top down and I think it will be great for these.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use a 'form' as such but I do use a mannequin. "Madeline" doesn't talk back, hangs in the closet when not in use, and doesn't require a lot of maintenance!

You can see Madeline here
    Hanging Mannequin half body form female torso photo by crochetgal
    and her partner Angelique, who likes jewellery and hats
    Mannequin head display pierced ears life size photo by crochetgal
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I haven't used one I'm thinking strongly about getting a child's size form if I come across one cheap. For the adult hats I made, I kept trying those on myself to get an idea how big or small they were. For the children's hat's I wished for something to try it on to see how I was coming on the length, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good idea - I make sooo many hats and they each come out differently becasue I have so many different yarns. With a child's head form, it would make it so much more easier. Luckily, the 10 kids hats that I crocheted for Christmas all came out pretty good except for one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year Everyone!
    Just wanted to tel you that I received My Deluxe Double 2 days ago. I adjusted it to my own measurements and already have tried 2 sweaters on it that I am making. I discovered that the one sweater would be too tight so I unreaveled it and began again. I like having it in my room as you can put your next day's outfit on it or try out anything to see how it would look without actually putting on yourself. I think, for me, it was worth the money.