Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Inspiration

Post Thanks / Like

Inspiration

Good morning,

Well, I went to Walmart today and picked up some yarn and a letter J crochet hook. Now, I will be looking for a simple project to do. Maybe a small blanket for my daughter's dolls or some clothing. She is excited about it!

The group has brought me new inspiration to do a little crocheting again!

2. Likes PPWFAITH, AFGHAN LADY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what you're talking about. The people on this sight have so many good ideas, the hardest part is knowing where to start!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to make another afghan after reading all the posts here. Problem is I already have so many and everyone I know has received one or more from me over the years. I have to figure out what to do with it if I make one!

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Theresa L: I say make it and the use will come, lol! Particularly if you need gifts for graduating seniors or baby showers, etc. You could also sell it on Ebay or Etsy.

It does help to have a forum like this to talk about your projects. It makes me want to do more crocheting, too. Which is a good thing because I really do need to do more before Christmas gets here, lol!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know Barbi, I always pick up my crochet things and do something then comes a time when I take a break (more or less long) then start to crochet once again...I am riding a wave with crochet, and everything else! I do not like to remain for too long at one same thing. Master Yoda: "too impatient you are!" lol
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Patti, you are so right. I may have to make something just for the sake of making it and then worry about what to do with it or who to give it to later. Thanks for the "permission"! lol. I guess I needed that. Now to pick a project....

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done that before also. I see something I want to try and then when it's done have no idea what to do with it! I just can't help myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am excited to eventually get my daughter to start crocheting. She is currently nine, but I think she will enjoy it within a short period of time. She likes to do craft projects, so I think when she learns simple crochet steps, she will take it and run.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Barbi: my husband's little nieces of 10 and 11 also wanted me to teach them crochet and I even bought them needles to start their first lesson. They were very eager to learn when they say all the things I could make out of just one craft! However, they never got their first lesson as their dad was busy that day and couldn't drop them home. Since then, we've been planning on starting again but I am afraid it might never come...
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had someone to teach! I learned from my mother and grandmother, but to my knowledge I am the only one in my generation who crochets. I've tried teaching my younger brother, but as he's only ten, he's a bit too impatient still. When I have kids I will definitely teach them, though.