Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: new member

Post Thanks / Like

hello yall,,i was surfing and stumbled upon this site....i am glad i found it..i love to crochet....not real sure about the knitting thing....
    let me go back a bit.....when i was 6yrs old my grandma started teaching me how to crochet...every time i went to her house she would teach me something new....this was many years ago....i just started crocheting again after not doing it for many many years.....i remember alot of what she taught me but while searching some of the sites online i have learned much new stuff,,and have mad many things..
    you see in sept of 2012 i was told i have colon cancer(supposed to be easy)and have had nothing but trouble since and cant work so i figured i would start crocheting again.....i really enjoy it...i understand alot of the patterns but what i really would like to learn is an easy way to crochet letters into a pattern...i have tried and it doesnt look very good....i know it all in how you hook the yarn,,and i know im doing it wrong...any help would be appreciated....

Post Thanks / Like
    First howdie and welcome; Second I believe you want to look in search here about crocheting letters I think it was...we has a nice discussion on it. Basically besides tension issues....we all got them LOL sometimes it how you carry or join your yarn. Some like to carry it across a row of sc, while others, as we learned from this site, like the russian join....Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbra G posted How to Crochet Block Letters | eHow.com I hope this is what you are looking for
    welcome to the group hope this is what you where looking for.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes ladyspaniels liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! I'm just joined myself in March (I thinnk) and tho I don't post a lot, I know this is a wonderful, caring group always willing to help! God bless you in your battle with your illness and hope you are on the mend soon! Many of us have some sort of physical ailment, and crochet is a wonderful way to take your mind off your troubles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you on the message boards with us! Please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group Nana, I don't know of any cancer is easy, hope you are done with your therapy,, Crocheting is very therapeutic.. I restarted when I had my strokes..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nana, welcome to the forums! sorry to hear about the C word, prayers being sent! God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I crochet only doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן