Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction & Link To My Free Patterns!

Good Saturday, everyone! I'm so pleased to find your lovely forum! I wanted to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Sheila and I'm a crochet designer in Omaha, NE. I publish about 95% of my patterns free to the world and you can find my free pattern index here. I publish my designs under the names SheilaSchnauzies and SheilaSparkles Crochet.

Here is my latest free pattern, the Picket Fence Potholder featuring CroBroidery.

Introduction & Link To My Free Patterns!

The few for-sale patterns I have support the vet bills of my rescue Schnauzers. My pattern store at Craftsy is here. I do have an Etsy store that I hope to fill with my jewelry pieces when I get time! Sometimes I also sell my design prototypes there.

I love to crochet everything, but my favorite is thread doilies, decorations and ornaments. I tend to do a lot of floral designs.

In addition to crocheting, I have run a Miniature Schnauzer rescue called Sheila's Schnauzies (hence my name) since 1998 here in Omaha. We have rescued and placed more than 50 dogs for adoption over the years. We currently have three furkids here, Scrappy, SueSue and Ladybug, all of whom I've permanently adopted. I had to give up taking in more dogs in my home due to my health but I am still actively working dog/owner matchmaking.

I love to design jewelry in sterling, copper and genuine semiprecious gemstones. I also have dabbled quite a bit in painting and in Gallery Glass faux stained glass window murals and objects.

I have two grown children whom I adore and a husband of 35+ years. We're looking forward to his retirement and doing some traveling in the not too distant future.

Well, that's me! Can't wait to get to know all of you! Happy crocheting, -Sheila

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Looks like a really nice potholder! Thanks for joining us and sharing your info with us! We hope you will also be an active member here in the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    A Big welcome. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Not only can you share patterns and pictures, you will make many new friends like I have. Thank You for your links, I will check them out. Enjoy!!! Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Barb and Kathy!! I really appreciate that! Hope everybody is having a fun day crocheting. I'm crocheting an elastic gemstone illusion bracelet, it's making me crazy, so tedious!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk. HOw is the weather back home in NE? I grew up just south of York. My oldest brother and sister in law lives in Beatrice. I took a peek at your site you have some very wonderful pieces. Looks like you have have a big heart rescuing Miniature Schnauzers. again welcome to the site glad to have you hear ad lok foward to seeing more of your designs
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome. I'll have to take a look at your patterns. I just LOVE browsing through patterns! Thanks so much for sharing. Love the picket fence pot holder how cute.

My heart goes out to you and the rescue. We have three rescues and they are definatly our babies. We wouldn't know what to do without them!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! The weather is weird here! We are still in Winter. Had a few nice days but we keep getting cold and snow! Supposed to snow again next week! Frustrating my garden plans for sure! Thanks for checking out my work, I'm glad you liked them! Yes, my heart is big and has been broken so many times... but the happy endings make it all worth it! Thanks for the welcome, this seems like a really nice group!

Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Welcome to Crochet Talk. HOw is the weather back home in NE? I grew up just south of York. My oldest brother and sister in law lives in Beatrice. I took a peek at your site you have some very wonderful pieces. Looks like you have have a big heart rescuing Miniature Schnauzers. again welcome to the site glad to have you hear ad lok foward to seeing more of your designs

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, welcome; thanks for sharing your beautiful work and site; happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BarbySue! I hope you enjoy browsing my patterns! There are quite a few! Hey, I forgot to mention my Crochet Coffee Shoppe web page. It's kind of a one-stop reference page for everything Crochet. You might enjoy seeing that too. Happy crocheting! What kind of rescue furkids do you have? Pictures!!! They sure do steal our hearts, don't they! Here is a pic of my Ladybug, my littlest rescue – she is 3 years old and I've had her since she was 13 months. She stole my heart in about 2 seconds and she will never leave my side! http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squi...DadDressup.jpg With her is SueSue, my 6 year old rescue girl – I've had her since age 4 months. She can't be placed because she had a biting history as a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    Hi there and welcome. I'll have to take a look at your patterns. I just LOVE browsing through patterns! Thanks so much for sharing. Love the picket fence pot holder how cute.

My heart goes out to you and the rescue. We have three rescues and they are definatly our babies. We wouldn't know what to do without them!

10. Likes CrochetDee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sheila, welcome to the forums! thanks for sharing!