Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

About me .. I live in Utah and I'm 62 years old. I have 19 grandchildren (11 of my own and 8 from my stepchildren) and 7 children (3 stepchildren and 4 of my own). I love all forms of needlework including crochet, knitting, sewing, cross stitch, needlepoint, etc. I moderate a Meetup group in my area for crocheters - we meet once a month. I have been crocheting since I was a teenager and try to make time each night to work on a project. Doing so many different crafts means that I have more WIP's and UFO's than anyone else I know - LOL. I am currently working on 3 different crochet afghans and just finished an afghan for my youngest grandchild (3 months old). I have a very short attention span and get bored with the same afghan very easily <sigh>, so I have more than one project at all times. I make lots of small items such as dishcloths, hats, booties, when I find I can't focus on the larger projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Club Jan...
    I'm new here too and just learning my way around.
    Wow that's alot of Grandkids...lol
    I would love to see some of your work.

3. Likes MeerKat, hooked for life liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jan and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. You will find us not only friendly, but helpful and caring also. Don't hesitate to ask for help. Someone or several someones will be glad to help. Please join our conversations. Your input and your opinions are welcome. A lot of us think of CT as kind of a 2nd family. We hope that you will also. If you need to vent, we are here with a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. Also, if you have any pictures of items you have made, please post them. We LOVE pictures. And while you are here, have fun.--Jan

5. Likes GrammaJoe, MeerKat, hooked for life liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and I envy you all your grandchildren. I only have 2 granddaughters but the oldest has given me a great granddaughter and great grandson. I am the same age as you but I am single and live in the boonies. I've never been to Utah and I live in Tennessee. We do love pictures. I can only do one project at a time. I have to finish what I start before I will let myself start something else. I like your way but I just can't do it.

7. Likes MeerKat, hooked for life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome GrannyJan19: Im from Minnesota a 73 young gal and love to crochet small items, plastic canvas, embroider, self taught sewing small items as I Donate 95% of items. Love to see some pics?? Stop by any forms and join in. Nice you jopined beware as we are friendly & helpful Susan M J

9. Likes hooked for life liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jan, welcome! You have quite the family, that's great! Congratulation's! I am a very crafty person also and have been enjoying them since I can remember. Crochet talk is a great site with many wonderful and informative people. Hope to see you in the forums! ;o)

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jan! I haven't been on the Forum much lately, my shcedule has been CRAZY! You will love it here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful! And hello to everyone else too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome to the group! Your crochet meetings sound like fun.