Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

GmaRose Newbie here

Good evening, I just discovered this group and thought I'd see what you are all about. I've been crocheting - off/on - for quite a number of years; have made a number of afghans for gkids, for donations, plus a number of other items - don't have pictures of all but do try to get at least 1-2 pics of everything I make whether crochet, quilting or other crafts that I putter with.
    Am expecting new gchild the end of the year - will make number 13, have 1 great gs who is about 9 months old. Don't get to see any of them real often.
    Don't know what most of the stuff on here is, i.e.: trackback, tags, etc. Hope someone will jump in and help?

Post Thanks / Like
    GmaRose,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you onboard! Congratulations on another grandchild on the way! Sounds like you are very busy! Can't wait to see some of your work!

Tags-add keywords concerning your post to help others to be able to find info. For example if you are adding a thread about making hats, you could simply place the word "hats" on the new thread you are creating.

http://crochettalk.com/main/391-adding-tags-posts.html

Trackbacks-adding the website link to where you found the info you are talking about, the Crochet Talk systems sends a note to the original website that you have posted/talked about. It allows a message to be sent to the other site as a common courtesy from the Crochet Talk system.

If you do not feel comfortable with the trackbacks, then don't worry about it. A lot of systems are set up to automatically send out trackbacks when a link is posted, ect.

I hope that I have not confused anyone on this. Just trying to explain them. :0)