Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from west Texas.

I have good memories of my grandmother's crochet can. She kept a coffee can by her chair where her current project waited those few rare minutes she could make a new round or 2 on her doily. I hate to think how many projects we grandkids probably messed up. Somewhere along the way I learned to crochet but not with that tiny thread she used. Now that I am probably close to the age she was when I first noticed her crochet I so relate to the ever waiting project, except my project won't fit in a coffee can. My daughter learned very young to crochet and has followed in her great grandmother's footsteps. She makes beautiful snowflakes with that tiny yarn. When she gets a chance to come home for a few days we have crochet thread all over the place. So much fun. Happy crocheting folks. Hope it brings you as many good times and memories as it has our family.

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you joined us. Welcome. Noticed your avatar. Do you have goats? Aren't they fun? Especially the new borns.

3. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    THank you for the welcome. Yes we raise goats. Angora and spanish. The kids showed angoras in 4H. Our family has raised angoras for several generations so that is really our love but the spanish goats are a whole lot more profitable. The babies were the best part of the 4H project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Your story is charming and demonstrates how love and crochet go together. I enjoy doing doilies also. I am pleased that you and your daughter do it together. Thanks for sharing. Annette

6. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Ladygoatherder,

Do you have any pics of your work or your daughter's work? We love pictures around here and really any will do! Your work, your goats, your family....we love them all!! I have not met any goats in person yet but once in a while I get to see them on Animal Planet's Too Cute and they are adorable!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! It is a pleasure to have you here on Crochet Talk! Make yourself right at home and take a look around! We have a wonderful group here you are a part of!

12. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    All you doily makers may just inspire me to give it a try. My daughter is coming home this weekend and we may break out that tiny thread. Have a quiet book to finish for my grandson first but hopefully we will get to the doilies.

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh do we have pictures. I am a grandma so enough said. Will post a few when I get a chance. Thanks for the welcome.

16. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making doilies for the first time in a long time. My eyes aren't what they used to be!!! Came as a shock when I couldn't see the itty bitty s c stitches. Have you looked at bellacrochet.com ? Beautiful patterns and she is so nice. I ordered some of them and am delighted with them. Check her out. Her name is Elizabeth Ann White. Patterns are clear and well written. What kind of doilies are you making now?
    Quote Originally Posted by aporfirio View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Your story is charming and demonstrates how love and crochet go together. I enjoy doing doilies also. I am pleased that you and your daughter do it together. Thanks for sharing. Annette