Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: begginer

Post Thanks / Like

begginer

I am new and would like to learn, any ideas for someone just learning?

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello bonbon. welcome! Here you go a tutorial for the basics that might help..

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search on You-Tube for great tutorials you can watch and learn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, bonbon, I am a newbie to this site myself. I have become addicted to YouTube's crochet tutorials. The Crochet Crowd has lots (he is a gem and grows on you). I love Clare from Australia (bobwilson123) and yolandasotolopez, and of course, there is AllFreeCrochet. Also Crochet Geek. I was watching tutorials on the magic circle last night and the teachers were all a little different although doing the same stitch. Makes it really interesting to me. Also, some just make it a little clearer and that is helpful.

You can't go wrong with starting off with a granny square - that is very easy but I suggest you find a smaller project so you can see the joy of your work fairly quickly. Afghans are beautiful but take a while - especially when stitching all those granny squares together. A scarf is pretty fast. The Hooked on Crochet from All FreeCrochet site as hundreds, if not thousands, of free patterns and it tells you if the pattern is good for a beginner, easy, intermediate or advanced. Or just google free crochet patterns and see what you come up with.

Good luck and let us know what you are working on.

6. Likes Anaisa, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, and welcome; I agree w/ Grandma Alta, a granny square is always fun...and you can do so many things w/ them....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group! Glad you joined us! Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi beginner and welcome to crochet talk! The tutorials on you tube are great and a good way to learn. Keep practicing, enjoy! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! Doilies are the best for crocheting
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! We are glad you are here with us! We also have alot of resources in the links and resources section of our site. Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    grandma Alta said it all really well. I learned with a book and did granny squares. Back when I learned we did not have a large selection of yarn and no acrylic. My afghan was made of wool. I was just a young mom teaching myself, and I washed my afghan in the washer in hot water!!!!!!!!!! There went that afghan! All that work and it wasn't big enough for a lap throw after I washed it! Had to learn the hard way, no computers, ect. I managed to learn and with all the help available so can you. Most of all have fun!