Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hi- I'm new

Post Thanks / Like

Hi- I'm new

Hello everyone. I am looking for new ideas to make crafts for Arts and craft Show this summer. This is not for profit. All items that are sold, profit is going to Leukemia/Lymphoma Society of Ohio. My son passed away 4 yrs ago March 2 from ALL(Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) I know what his expenses where. we were lucky that his wife and children did not lose their home, like others have. So each year our team( Team Fraley) try to earn money to be donated to Leukemia/Lymphona Society. So if anyone has any new craft ideas, I would appreciate the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Likes Anaisa, imj9scrochetj9 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums - sorry to hear about your son. I think you are doing a wonderful thing in donating to help. Be sure to take a look in the links and resources section - there are many ideas there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for the loss of your son; What a wonderful thing you are doing, I can't think right now, but looking up what sells quick and/or a lot of is a good way to look for a craft; Hugs and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi mflvl, welcome to crochet talk. A very close friend of my daughter has Leukemia -he is in Ohio. This past week they were doing bone marrow testing on him. He has a wife and 2 small children, the youngest born in October, I think. There have been several fund raisers for them up there to help them out. Both parents are out of work. My daughter flew up to visit in December and helped them have a Christmas. Another daughter packed a suitcase of new clothes for the children. I sent up beanies and an afghan, and made matching hat/scarf sets for them...in a shade of orange. ( the cancer color for Leukemia) God bless you for all you have gone through and for all you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome here! Sorry about your loss.... I crochet doilies then my ideas are always doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I just finished reading about Team Fraley. I would be honored to send a few things for your fundraiser. Just let me know when you will be needing them by. Won't be much, but would love to help out by sending something that you can add to your craft show

Post Thanks / Like
    My first nursing job was at Vanderbilt in the bone marrow transplant unit so I have seen a lot of leukemia and my 2nd stepfather died from it. You are doing a great work. You may have seen that we are having a craft fair yard sale in August and we are selling some of the plastic bagholders, hair bows, ornaments, crocheted necklaces, scarves and small holiday things. Hope this gives you ideas. Sorry for your loss but you are honoring him so well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. Glad you could join us. I'm Jan. Am so sorry for the loss of your son but you are keeping hope alive in his name by what you are doing. I'm sure you will find ideas here as well as many friends. We are friendly and helpful and also an addictive group. If you have pics of your projects, please post them as we love to see pics of what our members have been doing. Have fun while you are here.--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. It's great about your fund raising. I'd like to suggest allfreechristmascrafts.com as a source for ideas. Hope this helps.