Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

Hi, my name is Janelle and I'm a 21-year-old student working towards my degree in psychology! I am just beginning to learn to crochet, but have been knitting for a couple of years. I'm finding it a bit tricky to transition from knitting to crocheting, though I'm enjoying the fact that crocheting is quicker

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to this forum Janelle...or Nellie, as you prefer. I find it great that at 21 you already knit and crochet! I only knew the basics of crochet at that age and even now, can't say I am an expert. I would love to knit but haven't had the opportunity to learn yet. Would you say it's hard to get started?
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Janelle,

Welcome to the forums! I hope that you will find the comfort of home here! Look forward to reading your posts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey dear welcome to Crochet Talk! Its cool that we have a younger member in this forum. I'm glad to hear that there are others who are interested in this craft. Me, I'm the other way around. I'm a crochet~er whose trying to learn how to knit! hihi. I'm pretty much sure a lot of us here would love to help you out in your exploration in the world of crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all! I actually have a lot of friends who knit and crochet as well I find knitting to be easier than crocheting, but I've heard crocheting is easier! I think it really depends on what you are used to. I think it's great to be able to do both, as they really complement each other!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I've seen some of my students knit and they make it look like its easy! :P I haven't seriously knitted though. I've tried to knit but I haven't actually been able to complete a knitting project so I can't really say that I've knitted. Crochet on the other hand I find as a breeze! I can seriously multi-task with crochet. Anyway, I hope you have fun discovering how easy it is to crochet.