Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, I'm new here...so please bare with me.

I absolutely love to Crochet!!! I lose all track of time when I crochet, I just can't wait to get whatever it is that I'm making, finished. It's such a sense of pride when I create something myself and it looks so beautiful

I have become a Grandmother for the first time and I am now working on crocheting a Christening Gown, Bonnet, Booties, Jacket and Blanket for my Granddaughter, Mikayla. I'm so excited about it. This is the first time I have attempted to make any kind of clothing. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to increase and decrease...but, as it turns out, it's so incredibly easy! For years I have held back for this one stupid reason. Amazing how inspired one can get when they become a Grandmother! Now, I will be making lots of crocheted clothing! Tumbs up !

I also have 2 dogs, one large and one extra large....does anyone know where I can find some patterns for dog sweaters or coats? I'd really apperciate some information on this matter. My Granddaughter and I can't be the only well dressed ones!

Thank you so much,
    littleolblonde1

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I have 7 birds and 4 eggs. I make doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi welcome, grats on the grand. I too love it when I finish something I was working on, I get the greatest feeling when I give the person the item I have put so much love into making and they say wow, I love it. it really warms my heart. keep moving that hook making smiles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...I know that sometimes we think we can't do something and it holds us back from crocheting...glad you got over this...happy crocheting.

6. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I remember how I felt with my first grand child. Don't know where the time went, but now I am a Great Grand Mother! Welcome. you will enjoy it here. If you will type in 'crochet dog sweaters on google it will lead you to diff sites to find 'pretty clothes for your fur babies'.

8. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the online community of crocheters here! We are glad you joined us and look forward to hearing more about you as well as your crocheting adventures!

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome i too am a grand mother and a great grand mother and I get a lot of pride making thing for people it doesn't matter if I know them or not I like to see the look on there faces when they get the item. It is great to be able to make things that are treasured for a life time.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

12. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes... I understand this. I gift doilies!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

14. Likes Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, littleolblonde and welcome!!

I can feel your love of crochet and your new grandbaby through your words!!
    We'd love to see some pics of your work, pets, any pics you'd like to share with us!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

16. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello littleolblonde1 and welcome. I'm Jan. Congratulations on your great-granddaughter. She is so lucky to have you making things for her. Glad you could join us. Everyone is very helpful and caring. We are like a 2nd family. If you need help with anything, no matter what it is, just ask. Someone will have the answer. Enjoy.