Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Pets

Post Thanks / Like

Pets

Hi All
    Does anyone have pets that they crochet or knit for ? Like a dog sweater or some such thing. We have a miniature Doxy named Bailey and a cat named Molly. Bailey is 2 going on 3 and Molly is 3 going on 4. We in Canada can have some very cold days and Bailey would like a new coat, he has grown out of his.

Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally do not any pets. I do see some really cute things that others have their dogs wearing. Do some animals do better than others in wearing clothing? Do you have to start at a younger age when getting them accustomed to wearing apparel? Just curious!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a yellow lab, and she would not enjoy wearing coats! That being said, she has a fairly thick coat and I live on the West coast in Canada, so it isn't as cold here. She does like wearing reindeer antlers and fancy collars for holidays thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a dog, as you can see from my picture. I made dog sweaters years ago for my mothers dog, but I haven't made any for my dog. He really doesn't like clothes!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't blame him can you. What a new fashion trend there would be if we had to dress our pets, for modesty sake say. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a dog when I was about 20 years old and he really enjoyed wearing shirts which we put on him when we were in Baguio City then. Baguio City is the coldest and most elevated part of the Philippines although the coldest reading there ever was only 6 degrees Celsius. Not really comparable to US climate. Now, that we're staying here in Manila, it's very warm here so my 2 dogs and 3 cats don't wear anything since I'm sure they wouldn't be very comfortable wearing anything here. But it would really be cute to dress them up. I was able to create a hat for my fave cat once but when she came back after her usual stroll, it was gone So much for my effort...

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really cute dog @catdoll! I've got two dogs who won't wear anything but a neckerchief. However, I have used granny squares in the past to make some cute dog outfits. And the nice part of it is that you can size the coat to fit the dog based on the number and size of squares that you use.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! He always likes to sit on my lap so I think all of my knitting and crocheting projects have a bit of dog hair in them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats cute, I have a dog and a cat, and of course my cat Molly loves to sit on my lap too and I can imagine all the hair that sticks to your cloths and furniture that I am sure all my stuff has hair in it too. Oh well makes it warmer, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Izzie doesn't like her coat that Santa Paws brought her a couple Christmas's ago. When I put it on her she just stand frozen in place.
    She doesn't believe me when I tell her how beautiful she is in it. She just "tells" me that "I'm already beautiful enough, thank you very much!"
    Gotta love that doganality!!