Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Hi Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi Everyone

I am a divorced (after 35 years of marriage) mother, grandmother and first time great grandmother. I enjoy my family to the fullest as they are everything to me in this world. I have been crocheting for over 30 years but I have only one problem. I am a left handed crochetier! I would love to find crochet patterns for left handed people but it seems that all the publishers that make crochet patterns are right handed. It seems that they have left us left handed people in the dark! I do make a lot of afghans but the patterns for sweaters are all in right handed instructions so that leaves me out. If anyone would like to post some left handed instructions feel free to post as I would love hearing from you!

Have a great day everyone! Susie Phillips

2. Likes Anaisa, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. My name is Vanessa and i have been teaching myself crochet for the last couple of months and have become addicted! i find it so much easier than knitting - which my mum tried to teach me several times - i would always pick up extra stitches! I have made a few things - lots of eternal scarves for my daughter, fingerless mitts, a couple of blankets, some baby flip flops and a really cute bag for a friend so far.
    i find i am not very good at choosing colours though - what i think would look great in the shop looks different when i start putting them together. Any tips on this or is it just experience? I have really enjoyed looking at all your work and have got some inspiration from it.
    I am originally from England, married my hubby 19 years ago and been travelling with him and the af since. We have recently retired and job hunting the last few months which has been very stressful to say the least. Thats when i picked up a crochet hook and it has helped keep me sane (ish). 80) We are now considering two job offers so things are looking up = thankyou lord!

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome mistycontour and ness. mistycontour I,m a lefty too! so any questions feel free to ask....I prefer pic patterns as a lefty, but I use right handed patterns....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Welcome. We have lefties here. Hang on someone will come along.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi Susie and Vanessa ! I am Larisa addicted to doilies.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    GramaJoe thanks for the welcome to crochettalk. I am hanging in there but I am not looking for anyone as I had a good married life and now I just concentrate on my family and my hobbies. I am glad to hear that there is some left handed crochetiers out there for me. Contact me anytime I will be sure to answer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, thanks for the welcome to crochettalk. Glad to hear that there is other left handed crochetiers. Feel free to contact me at anytime as I will answer. Thanks!

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ness, when I first started out crocheting I had a hard time picking out colors also. But over time it came to me and it is something that has to come with experience. Just pick out the color of yarn that the same colors that you use to decorate with in your house and you would be surprised how it works. For a long time I only used white or cream colored yarn until I got sick of working on it. Colors are in so use them and alot of times if you use the varigated yarn it works well also. Write me anytime with any questions I will try to help you. Good luck to you and your family I sure hope your husband finds luck in a job as they are hard to come by now days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BarbySue and thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it that everyone has been so nice. If you have any questions feel free to write as I will try to answer. Have a great day!