Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Newbie to crochet talk

Hi all,
    I am new to this site. I am hoping to learn a lot about crocheting. I started crocheting when I was about 14 years old. I have only done the basic stitching. When I was about 17 I stopped crocheting. I have recently picked up hook at the age of 35. I have made some bags, totes, scarfs, and hats. I line and zipper my bags as well. I am now trying to learn cables and the crocodile stitch. It's been difficult. I use patterns but I stay with the beginner and easy patterns. I am not sure I am ready for intermediate or advanced patterns. Hopefully I can get some guidance here. I also want to learn how to create my own patterns.

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! We're glad you joined. You want to learn new stitches? Don't be afraid. To help you I would suggest that you go to YouTube and look up the stitches you want. That's where I learned how to do the crocodile stitch. There are a number of people teaching it. You decide who bests fits your style or who makes it easier for you. As long as I've been crocheting, I still go there for instructions on new stitches. Hope this helps!
    Newbie to crochet talk-welcometothegroupcats-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Myhodge, welcome! I bumped forward the thread that helped me learn the crocodile stitch. There is a video in that thread on either the second or third page. I found it easy to learn. I hope it helps you as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums! So glad you could join us. There are a bunch of helpful, talented people on this site. The video mentioned above is really good for learning the crocodile stitch. That is where I learned it and it is great! I'm now making an afghan with that stitch. I am also making an afghan with the basketweave stitch that I learned from doing the front post and back post stitch from this site. There is just a wealth of information here. Don't be afraid to ask questions someone is bound to come up with an answer for you.

Oh and we love pictures of projects! So if you have any pictures of your work and you get the time to post them we sure would like to see them. I look forward to chatting with you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    If any of you can help. I dowloaded a pattern from redheart for a cable tote bag. I started the pattern and got stuck once I got to row 22 or so. There are stitches in the pattern that reference stitches from knit. The stitches are 2/2 LC and 2/2 RC. I searched and search for guidance on these stitches and there was none. Both stitches includes FPDC and cross double crochet. Not sure how this works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome aboard! We are glad you are here and want you to make yourself comfy here! There are a lot of tips and a great group of people here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. I am glad I found this site and can now communicate with individuals who love thes art of crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Pics of some of my projects

Hello everyone, here are some pics of my projects.Newbie to crochet talk-478293_10151355190786551_117918541_o-jpgNewbie to crochet talk-617080_10151347436811551_1516785975_o-jpg[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images Newbie to crochet talk-522769_10151301424846551_1459754233_n-jpg Newbie to crochet talk-336522_10151292935706551_325478385_o-jpg Newbie to crochet talk-176590_10151311875971551_920426324_o-jpg 

12. Likes jcrsga, Trenarah liked this post