Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: about me

Post Thanks / Like

Smile about me

I have been crocheting for well over 35 years and still enjoy creating new items. I find it to be very relaxing and highly enjoyable especially when I see the faces of the people that I have crocheted a special gift for.

Post Thanks / Like
    lelamae,

Hello! Welcome to the forums! It is great to have you here! I look forward to hearing more about some of your creations! Isn't it great to see how joyful people are when they receive something specially made?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    lelamae,

Hello! Welcome to the forums! It is great to have you here! I look forward to hearing more about some of your creations! Isn't it great to see how joyful people are when they receive something specially made?
    Yes it is truly joyful. The very first thing I ever made was an afghan for my mother in her favorite colors. She enjoyed it until she passed and now my granddaughter has it on her bed and seems to be enjoying it as much.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lelamae, I feel humble in front of your 35 long years of crocheting! I am sure you will bring a lot to the group and anyway, we are happy to have you here!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I have enjoyed my crocheting years very much. It's very relaxing for me. When I was taking care of my late husband it was a sanity saver to be able to keep my hands busy. As you can imagine I had a lot of items done and very much enjoyed going to craft shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lelamae!
    I know what you mean about crocheting being a sanity saver. It certainly seems to put my mind at ease to to be doing something "orderly" with my hands. I've always heard they teach basketweaving to mental patients--must be the same concept, lol! It is, also very nice to be able to produce so many lovely things that brings pleasure to others. A win/win I'd say.