Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

ISO: Online Yarn

I'm In Search Of a good place to purchase bulk yarn that's good quality but not too expensive and hopefully free shipping if i purchase $50-$100 worth, where do you get your yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like elann.com. They have a nice selection of yarns, and always have new things. They also have bulk bag sales quick frequently (monthly I believe). Shipping isn't free but it is very cheap ($5-$15) and the shipping is quite quickly. They also keep track of your purchases and once you hit certain price amounts, you get gift certificates you can use towards your order.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Nellie! i LOVE gift certificates, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I buy on line I usually go to Redheart web site, other than that I go to craft stores. What about Michaels, they had outlets in Florida and I know they are here in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a good idea to buy yarn and threads online! I've never actually tried it and have been limited by what is on hand at the nearest Walmart. I'll definately check this out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I love shopping on line, another idea is Ebay, lots of times people put large stacks of wool on sale for a small amount. This way there is variety as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't bought yarn online before either but someone here steered me toward the Redheart website. I'm also just going to do a search for "yarn outlets" or "wholesale yarn." Varying the search terms might generate different results. Maybe we'll each something different and can share it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Teresa that sounds like a great idea. Always looking for a better way, new ideas and to save a buck.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always bought yarns and wool at a local shop called the 'the thread bear'; it is nice and cosy but oh so expensive! anyway, i've never bought online but certainly think that is a great idea, as i am sure the deals are better. My husband did get me some wool from ebay once...
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some craft catalog companies who still send out catalogs but who also have websites. They supply yarn, hooks, needles and materials for all sorts of crafts. Try Herrschner's or Annie's Attic online. Both are reputable companies. I have ordered from their catalogs for years.