Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Incomer and Crocheter

Hello, My name is Carolynne Anne and I luv to crochet! I am not a beginner but I am not an expert at it but still I luv to crochet. I am looking for a prayer shawl that is crocheted with cotton tread! I would like a free pattern for this type of thread. Not real thin but not real thick. I live in CA and it is too warm for my presant prayer shawl. I need to make a like weight one. Can ya help me out and I am very glad to be a part of CrochetTalk!

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Carolynne Anne and you came to the right place. I haven't done a prayer shawl yet but I know there are ladies here that have and I am sure someone will be a long to help out in no time. This forum is so very friendly and we all sort of help each other ..I only have been a memeber for a few weeks now..but totally love it here..and I am addicted to this site. It is a great place to grab a hook and some thread or yarn and jump right in and make some new friends..hugs Anne(me2la) ps..just as side note..my real full name is Cheryl Anne but no on calls me that..just Anne..I have a Aunt Carol and a sister Linda or Lynne and my middle name is Anne so I just know I will remember you..lol. hugs hon..and HAVE FUN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Carolynne Anne! Welcome here. I am Larisa addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Glad you joined us. Lawana

7. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Carolynne Anne! So glad you joined us and I'm the Prayer Shawl Lady! First, let me say that you have joned a wonderful group of people. You will get all the help you need right here. If we don't know something, we'll help you find it.

Now, with that said. Let's see if I can help you with a light-weight Shawl for California. Here's what I found. All the shawls can be made in the different yarns or the heavier crochet yarns (size 3) is good. The best, I would say though, is Lily Sugar'n Cream. Here's their Website: Lily: Home There you can see all the "yarn" as they call it. They have lots of multi-colors, free patterns, different weights, and scented yarn. I don't kow if they have any shawl patterns but you can look and see. If you don't find something you like, let me know. I have lots of patterns. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images Incomer and Crocheter-welcomebluediamondbystormy-jpg 

9. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; I like to use thread, so if you have any questions after the above, feel free to ask....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carolynne Anne, welcome, glad you decided to join this group of helpful, friendly, happy hookers in our journey of making smiles with our art. I hope you find the shawl your looking for. Trenarah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! It is a pleasure to have you here with us! We do have a great group of people here! Let us know if you need anything else to get started with!