Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm new to this site, too . . .

I'm Derb from Indiana (about 16 miles west of Indianapolis). I learned to crochet doilies with my grandmother (from Yugoslavia) when I was little and picked it up again in 1978 making afghans. There was a lull in crocheting activity, but within the last year I've been busy, busy, busy. Have made 'wearables' and tried selling in consignment shop, but haven't made much progress. I'm retired, so have plenty of time to crochet. Would love to make some $$ in the process. Would gladly welcome any ideas. Suggestions?

2. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting....have you tried etsy for selling your works?

4. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, and welcome. So glad you could join us. If your looking for a special pattern or have a question, just ask and I'm sure someone will answer. As for selling. I use to sell alot of my things at the factory I worked in. Now that I don't work, its by word of mouth. Its just so hard for me to deside a price. Some of the things I sell, I'm lucky to make $5.00 after cost of making it, so I don't sell much anymore. I am sure someone out there has your answer, because alot of our members sell on line.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi welcome, as for selling I just sell by word of mouth, I do ok. I don't know about online selling, but there a few on here that sell their stuff that way. Do you have any of your grand mothers things she made? share your pictures if you have any? move that hook making smiles.

7. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! We are so delighted that you have joined us! Please make yourself right at home here!

What do you enjoy making? What are you really good at? These are the items that I would start with!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi from Europe. I am Larisa. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Derb and welcome. Etsy would be a place to start and of course there is EBay and even Amazon Marketplace. I think the key to any of them is marketing. By this I mean things like buying private ads on search engines, primarily Google. That way when someone searches for, let's say, crocheted hats or home made hats, your site would be one of the first to come up.

11. Likes Trenarah liked this post