Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Mom's Yarn

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Mom's Yarn

After Mom passed away, I found box of her leftover yarns. She taught me to crochet and I have had best time re-learning & using up old yarn with a giant multicolored caterpillar. You can just keep on crocheting these caterpillar balls and legs, matching up wild colors until you get rid of all the old yarn. It is hilarious! I got the pattern as a free gift from Charles Publishing. Their address is P.O.B. 577E, Weatherford, Texas 76086 Does anyone know of other places to get free toy crochet patterns for beginners?

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your mom but I am glad you joined us here! We sure would love to see pics of your colourful caterpillar if you have any. Just hang tight, folks will come along with ideas for you!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Ravelry, you can search so many things on there and even make the search parameters specific so you can view only crochet and only free patterns. It's pretty hard not to fall in love! If you make an account you can save things to your library so you don't lose them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! Wished you still had your mom, but your story is heart touching. Here are a few posts to look at you might like:

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...ys-photos.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom in 2010 and was in the same situation being her only girl I go all of her crochet stuff including the 5 afghans she was working on. along with boxes and boxes of yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually just Google and can get what I want that way. Googe: Free crochet toy patterns. I saw a couple of really good sites that you would enjoy. Glad you joined us and real sorry about your mom. God bless you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tell everyone this but since you are new here are my faves. Red Heart Yarn | Yarn, Knitting Patterns, Crochet Patterns free crochet and Lion Brand Yarn these all have a lot of free patterns. Welcome and start crocheting and taking pictures of you toys as you finish them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, you will find enough Free patterns online you may never have to buy another pattern..

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Janice Diane. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. My Mom left this world almost 4 years ago. Unfortunately she didn't leave me any yarn. She never crocheted a day in her life. I learned from my Grandmom when I was just a little one. I would watch her for hours. Any way, there are so many sites out ther that have toy patterns and my very favorite one is AllFreeCrochet.com - Free Crochet Patterns, Crochet Projects, Tips, Video, How-To Crochet and More. They have just about everything and anything you would want to crochet. So try it out and see what happens. We'd love to see photos of your caterpillar so please post one if you can. If you need any help with anything, please just ask, as the folks here at Crochet Talk are wonderful and love to help. Again, WELCOME Ms. Texas!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just click on the blue and it will send you to their site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Diane View Post
    After Mom passed away, I found box of her leftover yarns. She taught me to crochet and I have had best time re-learning & using up old yarn with a giant multicolored caterpillar. You can just keep on crocheting these caterpillar balls and legs, matching up wild colors until you get rid of all the old yarn. It is hilarious! I got the pattern as a free gift from Charles Publishing. Their address is P.O.B. 577E, Weatherford, Texas 76086 Does anyone know of other places to get free toy crochet patterns for beginners?