Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

What was old is now new

Hi everyone, I am new to this type of forum so I would like to introduce myself. I have been crocheting since I was 8 (about a million years ago) and so the old part, but it seems I learn a new technique or trick all the time thus the new. I have been married for 44 years and having 4 daughters I have spent a lot of that time making sweaters, scarves, hats, etc; not to mention gloves, blankets and baby booties. My latest projects enclude a 16.2 foot Doctor Who scarf for my 22 year old grand daughter, and caps for the babies in NICU at a local hospital. I love creating things and would rather give them away than sell them which my grandkids just don't quite understand, but I'm sure some of you will. I hope to get to know some of you and to share patterns, techniques and stories along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! We would love to see some of your work! Sounds very inspiring! Thanks for joining us!

4. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ..if you are anything most of us here..this forum will be home away from home. I love it so. Looking foward to getting to know you too and hope to see you on the boards. Just jump right in ..the ladies here a the nicest bunch I have met in a long time..and helpful too.

6. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom, Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard!!!

Cindy

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; happy crocheting.

Somonauk,Illinois..a small town about 60 miles southwest of Chicago
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome..I too am new to the forum..finding a little more time these days to do some of the fun things I love...like crocheting..thought it would be fun to connect with people that share the same love of creating..I have also been crocheting about as long as you have..and I am learning new tecniques and shortcuts..in fact I just learned about the magic ring..I had never heard it before..always something new..I'm loving it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I make only doilies

11. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi welcome. i to am finding new things and stitches to make, and new friends here, it's a great place. move that hook making smiles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, you sound like me....I'm old as dirt though.....I also have been married 44 years next month, but have only 1 daughter. I also make scarves and hats, afghans, lap blankets, etc and give them to organizations that need them....I sold my first scarf this past December and later 3 more the beginning of this month....I made one for my grand daughter and she wore it to work and everyone she worked with as well as some of the customers that came into her store wanted one so I am now taking orders and making some as she tells me they want one and in what colors. I give her the money since she's a single mom and has 3 babies to support. I love crocheting things that are useful to others and have always donated items to hospitals, nursing homes and other organizations that depend on donated items to help others. It's not a have to thing, it's a want to .....pay it forward things since God has been so good to me. You know what I mean. Thanks for your post.....it's good to know others are of the same mindset and love to help others.