Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Can you help me with a stitch that doesn't seems to have a name to look it up?

I am new here and want to get involved with the talk. I have an easy pattern but I am a little confused "Sc across, inserting hook in back lp and lp of foundation ch". It is a little of a DAH moment that I am having but can anyone get me past this?

Thank you and I look forward to getting to know the group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome GES! Working in the back loop only will make the front loop stand out like a ridge. ( The front loop is the one toward you.) Perhaps this back loop only is to be used on the foundation chain (first row?) also. I am sure someone will be able to help. Hope I have helped a bit. Keep stitching! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully someone will come to help you! What row are you on? Sounds like possible they want you to into the back loop as Well as the foundation chain which is one row below maybe? More of the pattern may help. Also what are you crocheting? That may be a clue for someone also.

Also I would relook at your directions. Most of the time when there is a special stitch, they will fully explain how to do it before the pattern ( in the area where they tell you hook size etc). Be sure if you figure it out let us know. I am really curious now!
    Last edited by rosieh20; 01-18-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you are picking up stitches, some patterns want you to pick up the full stitch made on the previous row, or the back stitch (half of the stitch away from you), or the front loop (half of the stitch closest to you).

Here is one photo although it is not the best one that I have seen:

Front or Back Loop Only

Post Thanks / Like
    that is what I was wondering also, but the way they worded the back loop and the loop of the foundation ch. So are they talking about the back loop and the hump or is she to go down an extra row and pick up that. Now that I say that again, really doesn't sound right.

Post Thanks / Like
    First howdie and welcome....when you chain the side facing you is the front loop and the same chain has a back loop...even though it's just ONE chain.. so you just go through w/ your hook the part the pattern requests....hope this makes sense...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GES, welcome to the forums! could you share the pattern or link to the pattern you are making?