Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Completed Project

Hi all,
    Just wanted to share that I have completed my first ripple afghan! It came out so beautiful and will be a Christmas gift for a special friend. Much thanks to all of you who have been helping me along the way.
    Now, I am going to attempt something new since I've gained some confidence. I'm sure you will be hearing from me...I'm the one always looking for help!
    Janie

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Janie! It is always a great thing to finish a project. I've been excited lately with the few projects Ive been able to finish. I still have a few more I want to get done before Christmas. Happy crocheting.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Janie,

Congrats on finishing your project! Would love to see a photo in the future if you have time. What are you planning on working on next?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to post a picture of it and will if I can ever figure out how to do it!
    Not sure what I will attempt next, I'm looking around at different patterns to I find one that calls me lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone.

I just recently finished my first cowl hood. I love it. It looks so nice. I found the pattern at allfreecrochet.com and I used a dark burgundy Lion Brand Tweed Stripes yarn with a large N hook. It was very easy, just a made a long chain, sl st it together and crochet in a large circle with alternating stitches of sc and dc. It can be worn as a cowl or if you need it you can pull it up for a hood.
    Hope I will get the chance to wear it since I live in North Carolina......hah.

8. Likes Barbara G., Carolyn Crye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on finishing your project. It feels good when you finish a big project like that. I am making a ripple baby afghan for my new little cousin for Christmas and I am really liking it.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I finished making some cup cozies for a friend of mine who made some hints that she would love to find someone near where she lives that makes them. We are on opposite sides of the USA. She has been a good childhood friend and I have been looking for a couple months for a pattern I liked.

I used a Bernat.com pattern called Work Sock Cup Cozy. It is a simple pattern and works up quickly. I tried a couple other stitches but found they had to much give to them, and I was afraid they wouldn't hold for long. This just uses a SC and I hope it will do well for her.

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have completed 2 hat/scarf/mitten sets for my grandchildren. Another hat/scarf set for my son's g/f. A hat and 2 facecloths for a Xmas exchange gift. Am working on snowman faces for my grand-son's pre-school class. Need 16 of those.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job in finishing your project! No matter how many things I make, I'm always excited when I finish a project. I guess I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys!
    Haven't been around in a while because of being busy getting ready for Christmas. I did want to report that I did finish ALL of my hats---all 25 of them, lol!

Now I'm trying to be smart and start working on scarves to match the hats to give for Christmas next year!

18. Likes Barbara G. liked this post