Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you sell? Where?

I'm not selling my stuff, but i'm thinking about it. Where do you sell your items? Do you take custom orders? Is Etsy really expensive? TIA!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried out Etsy for a short time and really liked it. I wasn't able to keep up with the workload because I was in school and I just don't crochet very fast. BUT, it's a great platform for selling your work. There are groups you can join, very active forums, the ability to take custom orders and accept coupon codes, all kinds of stuff. The rates are very reasonable. I quit in January, and they were $0.20 per listing, which lasts three months, and then 20% commission on anything sold. Just the actual price, too, not shipping.

If you want to sell online, definitely give Etsy a shot

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know of Etsy! But never really used it seriously. My friend used to sell her items there and was really pleased with the place. So, I also think anyone wanting to sell their work should definitely try Etsy or maybe eBay? I have sold on eBay before and I had a positive experience.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    great info thank you both!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a shop on Etsy for just over 3 years now and I absolutely love it.

Its not hard to set up a shop, but you have to be willing to do your own marketing. Don't expect to open a shop and become rich overnight as its not going to happen.

But the fees are quite reasonable. It costs $.20 to list an items for 4 months. If the item sells, then you are charged 3.5% of the selling price as the commission to Etsy (known as Final Value Fees).

So on a $10 item it will cost you $.20 to list the item and $.35 when it sells.

I've never sold on eBay so I really can't offer a comparison.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices