Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

New Group Started - The Slow-Poke Group

This is a support group for those of us (like myself) who need encouragement. We are here with a sympathetic ear to cheer you on. "Groups" is found under COMMUNITY. So far there is one member - ME! Use this group to vent, encourage others, or find another slow-poke friend.

rose ann

2. Likes Barbara G., crochetnanny, eljayel62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Idea Rose Ann!

Here is the link for those who are new to using forums:

http://crochettalk.com/groups/

Click the join button to join the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I need someone to talk me through something that I am making and to tell me to go go go thank you so much

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in also. I am very slow and understanding all the stitiches.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean slow-poke as in finishing projects? Because that is me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eljaye:

You qualify for the group. I am making a hot dish mat which consist of little circle things (which I later connect). It is taking me 45 minutes just to get one done. I sure would not make any profit if I was selling my work. I just hope that I will be able to connect these things together. Barbara G (below) gave the link to join the club.

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Crochettoo,

Below Barbara G. has the link to join this group. Sharing on the group helps me know that I am not the only slow person. I was beginning to think that I was the only slow crocheter, which was quite depressing.

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning All,
    May I suggest everyone check out the crochet tutorial videos on YouTube. You may THINK you are the slow pokes, but trust me all you need to do is crochet along with a few of these videos and you won't be slow any longer. Plus I have always been a visual learner and find these are wonderful, you can stop them when ever you need to. I have crochet for over 40 years, but still have learned a lot from them, plus there are a lot of different projects on there that I had never tried before, and they have just walked me through step by step. There are videos for beginners along with different projects.
    Give it a try and let us know how you like them.
    jcg1224

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

We have been posting quite a few youtube videos in our links and resources section, too. There are so many helpful videos, it is amazing! I have also watched some and work right along with the video, pausing and rewinding as needed.

The group is for encouragement for those who would like to join. We have all been there at one time or another. If you care to join in, you can join through the link in this thread. :0)

We are all here with a common interest and love to help each other in any way we can.
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 12-12-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are all wonderful. And speed comes with practice. So keep on, keeping on ladies. There are no races to be won in crocheting. That is what I like about it so much, it is an individual craft. I love the ability to find a pattern and make small changes. There are several out there that I like the looks of, but don't like the steps to it. I tried to make a mans sweater years ago, it was so beautiful, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the sleeves to go on to the thing correctly.....I finally pulled it all out and used the yarn for an afghan......hah. I showed that pattern LOL. So now I don't do clothing at all, the frustration has stuck with me I guess.

Happy hooking to all.