Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help with carrying colors

Hello,
    I am trying to make a coaster that requires me 3 colors. I am having difficulty carrying the colors. I guess I am not clear what that means exactly.
    I use the main color for 4 stitches, than 2 stitches with another color than back to the main color for 4 st, but when I have to switch again, the second color is back 4 stitches. How exactly do I carry the color so I don't have a long line reaching from the 2 stitches across the 4 other stitches? When I switch colors, what do I do with the color I am not using.
    Sorry, I hope this doesn't sound as confused as I am..... I was hoping there was some type of video or something I could find that would help me follow.
    Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie, I don't know how others do this, but I just include the last used color in with the next chain I am making my stitch in and not include it in the stitch itself. This keeps the color ready to use when wanted and not a bunch of extra yarn to get mixed in the wrong place. Hope this helps if you figure out what I'm trying to say. This works well for me. Valentine(Caroline)

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie,

Are you crocheting or knitting the coaster? Here is what I could find in video helps:

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting colors:

5. Likes brentajane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet with 2 colors in the round:

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinwheel coaster with different colors:

Hopefully, some of these are helpful for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie,

This was posted in another thread by fairynabt. It is supposed to have info on carrying colors.

Hello guys, try this link to find a free ebook I got from there...however, i must admit I have not found it again, so you might have to try different links: http://www.allfreecrafts.com/ebooks/HowtoCrochet2.pdf. The ebook had crochet terms and talks about vintage crochet and how to change colours, that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these videos on "changing colors". I will need this at a later time. Is there a way I can put it in a folder for later reference?

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the videos! I am going to make the Christmas coaster! Thanks Barb G you are always so helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Rose ann,

You can go to your profile and click on all threads which are the posts that you have commented to. Another thought is to write down the name of the thread you would like to revisit. Right now, I do not think that there are options to save them by folder. I will have to do some further checking on this.

One thing that you can do, if you save favorites on your computer. Click to add the specific webpages to your favorites. I hope this helps for now!