Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Winne Olson, Mesa,AZ. 85206

Hi everyone and thank you for making me feel welcome to the "Crochet Talk"!
    I've been crocheting for x number of years and made quite a mixture of things from stocking caps, scarves,sweater (vest for myself) and still have it and I do wear it when going to be outside for awhile. I, don't have the instructions for it as it was in a ladies magazine back in the mid 80's and I have not been able to locate it in any archive file. I, have made a throw using 2 strands of yarn in varigated green and cream colors. It was designed to be made in panels and each panel was a new experience including the "cable" and that was the reason I was interested in making it. The "cables" turned out great and one panel was "lattice" one in "popcorn" and the other I forgot but by the time I finished it was well into winter and it was a heavy thing to lift but oh so warm. Yes, I still have it, also. We now live in Mesa, AZ., and travel in the summer to the West Coast to get away from the 118deg. weather here in AZ. I've talked too much so I'll just say thanks for the welcome feeling and we'll be talking again soon.Bye for now Winne O:
    p.s. We lived in Michigan for 30 years and raised our family of 2 boys and 2 girls. My husband is from the Ludington area and I was raised in Albuquerque, NM. and we are now retired and living in AZ! Love it ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....so you wait until it hits 118? LOL Happy Crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and please post pictures of your work. Sounds like you have made several items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Sunday Morning: Most of my things are out to sea or rather fish food as we were caught in Hurricane Katrina and she took just about everything. She left most of the house (parts of roof, windows,walls & floors, also, doors but put 7 ft of water for 3-4 hrs and ruined everything below that level. What we could salvage ranged in dishes and some clothing and miscellaneous stuff. Otherwise things went underwater and out through the garage door including freezer and refrig. contents. Terrible smell but we survived with my little dog and it's something I would not wish on my worst enemy! My heart goes out to Hurricane "Sandy" people! I, do a lot of searching on the computer because I lost my instructional books in the water so after 6 years I'm still looking for items that were favorites before. Bye for now and have a good Sunday!

6. Likes Val, Anaisa, Colesmom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean to tell me that no one will email me if I don't do it first? My email door is open like our house to anyone who wants to come in for a coffee and chat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums - we are glad that you are here with us! Sorry to hear about your losses, but thankful you are living and breathing! Hope you find what you are needing over the upcoming months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! We've been traveling around the country including Alaska for a summer and enjoying ourselves. I, guess we had to much (stuff) anyway and time to clean out except that it ruined not only precious pix but my piano and organ! Things can be replaced except the pix. Thanks again and have a Happy Sunday!Winne

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I live in Europe and make doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    KL1000- Hello and thank you for emailing me to make me feel welcome to this group! Do you live there because that is your birth place or husbands work or just because? I'm nosy ! ! Winne