Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intro - Darcy

Post Thanks / Like

Intro - Darcy

Hi!
    I decided to learn how to crochet about 11 years ago when i got married and realized i had NOTHING in common with my new mother-in-law. Of course, she moved on to knitting and spinning once she found out i was crocheting, lol. but i have stayed a crocheter and love it!
    Hugs,
    Darcy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darcy!

Welcome to Crochet Talk! LOL. Learning how to crochet to "get along" with your mother-in-law must have been a challenge. But I'm glad that you benefited from it at the end. I also love to crochet. It's my first love but now I'm starting to get interested in knitting as well. I find knitting a whole lot challenging though. I find crocheting faster coz all I have to use is just one hook. I can even multitask while crocheting and totally not look at the pattern anymore while watching tv, talking with friends, or listening to music.

Anyway glad to have you on board and I'm really interested in hearing about your projects and especially that quaint little owl that you have there on your avatar. See you around dear!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk Darcy!

I look forward to reading your posts and ideas for the group! Nice to have you aboard!

Post Thanks / Like
    kaisensei, i taught myself to knit too, but it is really hard for me, so for now, i'm sticking to the crocheting, lol! my avatar is a project i am hoping to complete, not my pattern and not my completed project. but so super cute i want to give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Barbara G. its great to be here!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Darcy, great to have yet another member adding on to the growing community here on crochettalk! I think teaching oneself to crochet or knit is the best way to become really good at it...not that I have not seen experienced and talented crocheters that learned from their mum, granma or a teacher. I do not have much in common with my mother-in-law either!!
    FairyNatB