Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: HI

Post Thanks / Like

HI

I thought I did this yesterday but I guess it didn't post.....My name is Tigg and this is my first time joining any kind of forum. I am happy to say I am glad it is a crochet forum. I have been crocheting for so many yrs I can't count. My grandma taught me only one stitch (I guess she thought I wasn't really into it) and that was the double crochet stitch ....That was the only stitch I knew for yrs till I met 2 wonderful ladies where I used to work they taught me how to read a pattern and to do other stitches......I have one daughter, and 2 beautiful grandchildren, twins a boy and a girl 10 months old so you know I am happily crocheting anything and everything I can find for them...I am so looking forward to making new crochet friends

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome,Tigg. I have to say you are going to enjoy this sight. The members are very helpful, and very nice. Some of the members get a "little ornery" sometimes, but it is fun. I have been crocheting for over 40 years and am I still learning a lot from this site. I love it. I do a lot of chuckling and oohing and aahing. Welcome again. & Happy New Year! Oh. I have 2 grown daughters, 1 grown son, 1 granddaughter, 2 grandsons, and 1 BIG kid (my husband). Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 12-30-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judy

Thank you for the welcome....I also have one big kid other then my daughter and that is my BF......I am thankful he is understanding when I am crocheting...LOL sometimes I take it to bed with me when I am under pressure to get a project done, well he was understanding then cause the projects was for his mom and step mom..... I am glad I joined this site cause when I have promblems with a pattern I usually google it and hope to God I find an answer. I am currently working on a Branches and Berries afghan from redheart.com for some reason i always have promblems with their patterns, for example: LDC ( I had to goggle that as well and found out it was a long double crochet) I found a youtube.com video so I learned how to do that stitch. But what I don't understand is ....LDC double crochet "around" the post of the stitch indicated (which is a sc). So does that mean I will do that like a FPDC? and I have no clue what a FDC is....I googled it and it came up as a FPDC......please help!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    First howdie and welcome...I believe that's Long Double Crochet....it's when you dc in the previous already crocheted row....kinda hard to explain so if you need more just ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Tigg,
    Welcome to the site. The crocheters on here will be very helpful in understanding patterns and will help you with patterns. There have been many laughs as everyone seems to get a little "punchy" trying to get some of their projects done. Many of us have more than one going at a time! I am one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to you
    Cheers
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you and have you here with us! This is a great group of ladies and gentlemen!

Post Thanks / Like
    I told you so. Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tigg, Welcome to our little group. ask away if you have questions. Someone is sure to know the answer, and we love looking at pictures, so if you have any to share, we would love to see what you've been crocheting. Have Fun and Happy New Year
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kathy B, I hear you were under the weather? Are you all better? Judy