Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Crockpot Cooking

Do any of you like to use your crockpot through the holidays?

Do you have any ideas you would like to share?

I use my crockpot alot through the summer months, and love to use it as much as possible. I like to make chili, bbq ribs, chicken, as well as a variety of other things.

Thanks for replying!

2. Likes Janine, Estee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We use it a lot during the summer for the convenience and the fact that it doesn't heat up the house like the stove does. For the winter, it's great to use up leftovers from the holiday dinners. Turkey soup and ham & bean soup are my favorites
    Raggy Rugs on Etsy Eco-Friendly Rugs, Home Decor, and More

4. Likes Barbara G., Janine liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    One recipe a reader gave me while I worked as a librarian. Very good. Put a chicken or cut up one in the pot. Mix up stove top styffing a little dryer than it says and put on top. Be sure the stuffing touches all around the pot. So the chicken is sealed inside.Cook on low for 8 hrs. Very tasty & chicken will fall of the bone & taste wonderful.

6. Likes Janine liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a single Mom and love making dinners in the slow cooker, it saves me so much time, and the dinners are awesome. my favorite is Roast beef. I would love to have a recipe for ribs, but haven't found one I like yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one for chicken thats always been afavorite when the fam. was all here. Put a whole chic. or what parts you lik in pot.Mix up favorite stove top stuffing but don,t put as much liquid as it calls for. Make it drier. Put on top of chicken. Be sure to seal the edges all around the sides so no air can get in. Cook for 8 hrs on low. Falls off the bone & tastes wonderful!This is for the lg pot. I think 5 qt. You can do the same with the small 2 qt also.

9. Likes Janine liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my crockpot2-3 times per week all year long.I am addicted to it. I make a similar chicken recipe to ladybugs except I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and add a can of cream-of-anything soup in with chicken before adding the stuffing. It is delicious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another family favorite is crock pot lasagna. First you brown some ground beef seasoned the way you like. Then you layer the ingredients in the crock pot as follows: tomato sauce, lasagna noodles, ground beef, ricotta and Parmesan cheese.Repeat as needed to fill your crock pot. Top off with cheese. Cook on low for about 8 hours. It isn't quite as firm as baked lasagna but tastes every bit as good. You can add some diced spinach or zucchini to the sauce to get "hidden" added veggies into your family too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Another family favorite is crock pot lasagna. First you brown some ground beef seasoned the way you like. Then you layer the ingredients in the crock pot as follows: tomato sauce, lasagna noodles, ground beef, ricotta and Parmesan cheese.Repeat as needed to fill your crock pot. Top off with cheese. Cook on low for about 8 hours. It isn't quite as firm as baked lasagna but tastes every bit as good. You can add some diced spinach or zucchini to the sauce to get "hidden" added veggies into your family too.
    This sounds delicious! I will have to give it a try! YUMMM!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We also do Taco Soup in the crockpot. Start with a pound of browned ground beef (drained), a can of kidney beans, a can of pinto beans and if you like a can of northern beans, a can of diced tomatoes with chilies, 2 cans of tomato sauce and a package of taco seasoning. During the last hour you can add some past - macaroni, bow ties, whatever you like. It's really more like chili but we like it anyway. Serve it with some nacho chips or Fritos on the side. Quick and easy and relatively cheap. We can have 2-3 meals from a full crock pot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds delish, Theresa L. Will have to try it when we have another femily get together.