Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face One handed crochet?

I joined CrochetTalk this past spring and have enjoyed reading the posts and getting ideas. Such a great group of people! I now have a problem. I broke my left wrist 2 days before Christmas. Dr. has okayed me to use my fingers as much as possible. (Thank goodness, I make my living doing medical transcription at home!). However, it is not so easy to crochet. Fine crochet (doilies) is beyond me at the moment. I have gotten 2 rows of a bulky yarn scarf done, but I feel like a klutz. Any ideas or recommendations to make crocheting easier with one hand plus 3 fingers?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my you poor dear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Glad you joined us and are enjoying reading the threads. Are you wearing a brace on your wrist? It may seem akward but would hold your wrists still while crocheting. Otherwise, I would say to take your time slowly within the process and not get impatient. Healing will take some time.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take it you are a lefty? It would be just as klutzy to use the opposite hand...so all I can add it take it slow and be happy w/ that...a little crochet is better than none...so happy slow crocheting to ya my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear lesleyn, Gee that's is an unfortunate thing to happen! I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I can't sit still and do nothing. Gotta keep my hands busy all the time. I would be a complete wreck! Are you a reader? If so, this would be a good time to catch up on reading some some good stories. I never seem to find the time to do that and I really love to read. I can't read and crochet at the same time so crocheting wins out every time! Hope it heals fast. Love to you and yours!

Post Thanks / Like
    nope I am a righty. However I have a cast on from my knuckles to my elbow. I can use my fingers a little though, enough to type anyway! I am chairman of the Arts and Crafts group for our local hospital auxiliary. Our next meeting is January 9 and I am gonna feel funny not doing too much

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, I am just like you. I sit there while my husband is watching TV and crochet. If all I do is watch TV, I fall asleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lesleyn! What a horrible thing to have happen to you!! I don't think there is any secrets to crocheting with shall we say 1 and a half hands! I say do the best you can! And you can always use the time to check out all the great crochet sites on the web!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lesleyn, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    well, maybe rest you left arm on an arm rest? I am w/ you ladies, I can't just sit...especially watching TV; last night I was still having a hard time w/ crocheting and I kept counting and recounting and my hubby was like do you have to do that all night? LOL, hope you heal well and soon.