Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Another newbie

Hi! My name is Sue . I am the mother of 2, a boy and a girl, have a husband, a lab and a kitty. I crochet, craft, decorative paint (used to teach painting classes) and pretty much try to make anything I see that I like.

This year I have been painting ornaments (jack skellington and snowmen with boa cut for the hair) to give out and crocheting book marks (bookworms) for the holidays. I have crocheted a bunch of hats (made my kids a "domo" hat and a friend a hello kitty hat).
    I have always crocheted since I was a young girl but I mostly made afghans. I am a pattern crocheter. I can not watch someone and pick it up that way. I am self taught (by books). My mom always made the big fancy doll dresses, soap holder duckies, santa door knob covers and stuff to sell when I was younger and I always wanted to be able to do stuff like that. (she had 5 of us, and these were teacher gift staples!)

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is doing and sharing my work. (my least favorite piece being the hug camo afghan my hubby wanted!)

Post Thanks / Like
    cbrz513,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you as a member! I look forward to hearing more about your projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

You sound pretty talented! Welcome to the group!