Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Check in your LOCATIONS! Where in the WORLD are YOU?

Hey dears! There are now TEN members in the forum! Yay! I have this feeling that this forum is going to grow and grow and grow! But the coolest part is that we are the original ten members of this forum. So wouldn't it be cool to get to know each other more? SO instead of hopping from thread to thread to figure out where everyone came from and all that.. I just want to open this thread to everyone here who would like to share which part of the planet are you from! So on this thread, if its ok with you, please share the following info:

1. Where are you from?
    2. How old are you? (You can be specific or as vague as giving us an age bracket.. hehe!)
    3. Do you have a personal blog or website about your craft?

If you don't feel comfortable sharing or answering some of the questions above, you don't have to answer it. This is just more of a "get to know you" kind of thread.

So let me start:
    1. I'm from the Philippines! (Am I the only asian here?)
    2. I'm 29 years old. (And still single. hihi. I think most of you have families already)
    3. Yes I have. It hasn't got anything to do with crocheting though. Its a fashion, beauty, and events blog. The link is on my signature.

Hope to get to know more of you lovely ladies out there.

2. Likes cablemable, LindaMurphy liked this post
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kai Sensei,

Good idea to start this! well I am from originally from Mauritius then moved to the UK when I got married cause my husband lives there. I am 33 years of age and I have a little girl of a year and a half. I do not have a site or blog (yet) but hope to get to make one soon. I have so many hobbies and stuff I could share and talk about on it that it would be very relaxing and a great way to give away my ideas and share what I made with others.

Hope the rest of the 'fantastic ten' will contribute!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Hi Everyone,
    I am from Canada, married for the second time, total of 6 children, plus Grandchildren and Greatgrand children. We used to travel to Florida in the winter (Snow Birds), but had to give it up due to the high cost of additional health insurance, but we really did enjoy it. I have owned my own business, it was advertising. Such as you see on ball hats, t's and sweats, embroidered and heat transfered. Also did signage for advertising. Sold the business and moved to our present location, on Lake Erie. You might say we are in are golden years, but with all the aches and pains, it should be renamed tarnished years. I think my greatest fear in old age is that my hands will become arthritic and I will no longer be able to do crafts. So far so good. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey dears! Thank you for stopping by and sharing. Hope to hear more from the others!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, all!
    Or, since I'm from the south, maybe I should say ya'll. I'm a grandmother of two, mother of two, married and live in Northeast Arkansas about 10 miles from the Mississippi River and 10 miles from the bootheel of Missouri in the US---which will mean nothing to you who are from other countries, lol!

I don't have a crafting blog yet but I do love to crochet and knit--particularly when it gets cooler which is what it is about to do here in Arkansas. I do write about different topics on Hub Pages, Squiddo, Bright Hub and some other sites too numerous to mention, lol.

I am 60! But don't feel a day over 50! If there were 10 members before, I guess I make 11 because I just joined.

Hi ya'll! Glad to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops! I repeated myself so I'm taking this post out.
    Last edited by Patti Hale; 09-26-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Repeat

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Well, I live in a small town in Nebraska. Not completely in the middle of nowhere, but close. I'm 48 years old with three kids and four grandkids. I don't have a blog or web sight, but who knows what the future holds!
    Last edited by Catdoll; 09-26-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: typo

9. Likes LindaMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all,

I am from Oklahoma in the United States. I will be 45 years young tomorrow. I do not have a blog for crafting, but I am starting one for homeschooling. I am pretty new at blogs, but I am sure that I will enjoy it. I love spending time online and learning new things. I love to share as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know where Oklahoma is! I also know where Nebraska is, LOL! All of you guys are much younger, but that's okay---I won't hold it against you, lol!
    Happy Birthday tomorrow Barbara G. I love learning about new places, too, so where in the Phillipines, UK, are you from you guys? (I know where Ontario is but don't know a lot about it so any info would be enlightening.)

I love that I have made friends with folks in Austraila, Dubai, Sweden (just can't understand them, lol) and the UK since I have been online. I have found it very intresting--particularly when I talk about the time differences

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti,
    Nice to see a new comer and I have you beat age wise, I'll say a little over 65. I too don't feel that old, except for some arthritis on damp days. I am from Ontario and we are on the north shore of Lake Erie, in a small rural community. The closest large city is London which is about 45 minutes from here. It seems amazing to us in Canada that most American people are very unfamiliar with our country, but we are on the other hand are very very familiar with the USA. We did winter in Florida for a few years, until extended health care became too expensive. We met lots of great folks from all over the USA. We felt the USA was very friendly in general. Hope you enjoy this forum as mush as I do, and I believe we now have quite a few more members. Also Happy B day Barbara G. hope you are having a great day and get lots of gift. lol Misty