Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all.

New to this site and first post. I've been drafted as a crochet instructor for local knitting/ crochet-friendly shoppe. In researching patterns and crochet friendly sites, I've found you. Simply amazed at how much info is now available on the internet regarding crochet-- guess it has been too many years since I'd googled it. Will spend some time now reading through your posts. Thanks for being here. Onda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Onda and welcome. It sounds very exciting for you in the new position as instructer. What projects will you be teaching? What level are your students? I am thinking of starting a group of girls, ages 9-12. Please I could you any advice. Again, welcome. Annette

3. Likes ondalee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Annette, for your response. So far, a couple of students "learned" to crochet by there mothers or grandmothers years ago, so have varying ability/ memory. A couple others have never picked up a crochet hook before. Our shoppe offers private and group lessons. So far--until my following increases--I've been able to spend a couple of sessions with each one individually before a group setting. Depending on their time and level of instant addiction, they have each created a dishcloth (the initial project of beginning stitches with cotton worsted weight yarn) and then a simple double-crochet shell scarf. One lady made 6 scarves before her 2nd lesson-- yep, starting a project is well covered in first lesson, both with the dishcloth and scarf. I think that would be a great first lesson or 2 for the younger ones as well. Let's talk more. Onda

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie n welcome

6. Likes ondalee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I think my patience level with teenagers has run out but I admire you for keeping our craft alive.

8. Likes Landon, ondalee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! When you have some time to jump in and help with questions, you are welcome! We would also love to hear more about you when you have some time!

10. Likes ondalee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Onda! I am Larisa addicted to doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Onda, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny about the lady with 6 scarves. I have 4 girls lined up, but I'm going to wait until January. I'll start with a dishcloth and scarf. Did you make Christmas presents?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Onda, hope you find what you are looking for on this forum. Under links and resources are a number of items that might be of help. That is one tab I go to often and browse around. I look forward to chatting with you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean