Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Introduction

Hello to everyone from Washington, I am a experienced crochet beginner. I learned to crochet as a young child and when I wanted to learn more my grandmother would show me a new project. I thought that was all there was to it for years and tried many times to read a pattern and it was all done in some foreign language.lol.. So now that I am learning to read a patterns I can expand some what. There is still so much to learn, and I am now 60. I am going to muddle thru and learn to do the projects I aspire to get done... my biggest friend has been you tube. A Big helper... especially when I am the only one in my friend base that knits, crochets, cans and sews. I thought I was all alone until I came to Crochet Talk.... YEAH!!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi doorknobs, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi from Europe! I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it! Glad you decided to join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi doorknobs3 , And welcome You are in the same boat as I am . except it was my mother that taught me to crochet lace doilys and never taught me to read the patterns and now at 50 I'm trying to learn . Try red heart yarn website they have alot of videos in there help section . And good luck . ( thank god for computers right ..lol )

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. You are gonna love Crochet Talk. I've learned so much just from reading. I am self-taught, and still learning. I have made everything from afghans, sweater, doilies, to fingerless gloves, to tablecloths to stuffed animals, sewed prom dresses, but darned if I can knit. Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Doorknob and Welcome!!

How did you come up with Doorknob as your online name, it sure is cute! LOL
    I am Landon and I am a beginner at crochet.
    I am delighted to see you here among us all, this is a community of very kind, down to earth and talented folks!
    And, yes, lots of us do more than one craft!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! I love to crochet, but really hate to read patterns! I do much better watching someone and following along! It is foreign to me many times, but I manage! Glad you are here!