Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Popcorn!

Post Thanks / Like

Popcorn!

My daughter was saying how nice it would this year to have a popcorn garland on our tree. I thought it would be great to make a crochet popcorn garland, that she would have forever!

I have been knitting for years and thought I would try to crochet. I have been making some basic items, scraves; hair ties; caps and hot pads. I found myself a crochet popcorn cranberry garland pattern by Colleen Sullivan, great! I have mastered row 1, but row 2 is killing me. I have tried several times but my popcorn looks more like limp noodles . I was hoping to find picture instructions but so far no luck.

So here I sit with 1500 beads; 100 yards of string; 3 balls of yarn and not one crochet popcorn to my credit. My sons and husband don't understand why I just didn't pop the corn!

happy crocheting, Tresahan

Post Thanks / Like
    if you have mastered row one you will get row two....keep trying, happy crocheting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tresahan, welcome to the forums! I looked for a video on how to but didn't come up with anything.. what site did you find it on?

Post Thanks / Like
    click this link..it has a popcorn garland.

Free crochet pattern for Christmas Popcorn Garland

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! Don't give up-I'm sure you will get the hang of it!!! Glad you joined us!!

Post Thanks / Like
    it is from e-patternscentral.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you - did you get past the first row? Please let us know if you need more help! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working the cl which right now is looking more like a clump than a popcorn, however I think I am getting closer. The night is still young!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I'm having trouble following instructions, I find I'm not reading them the way they are intended. Like if you're reading something with the wrong punctuation, you know hot it could have two meanings? Or you're inserting a word that's not there, or not paying attention to something that is. So put it down, look at it with a whole new prespective, and try again. You can do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went back to reading each instruction separately for the cl, so when I finished the line I had the kernels in a row ready to put together. I am trying to get a better handle on attaching the kernels for more of a popcorn look when done. I am working with green/beige yarn, which probably doesn't help my desired final look. But practise is practise. Thanks!

11. Likes Val, Colesmom liked this post