Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

Hi,

I think I did introduce myself but wasn't sure it was in the right spot. Anyway, I've started knitting and crocheting as something I can do while talking with the elderly while visiting with my Mom.
    I find this site somewhat confusing but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.
    I live in Connecticut and I love being with my family and grandchildren.
    I would like to post a picture of a crochet stitch on a baby's blanket I purchased so that I can learn to do it, but I'm not sure where to upload the photo.

Thanks,
    Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Diana,

Hello! It is nice to have you join the group! I am Barbara from Oklahoma! As you learn more about the forum, it should be easier for you to move around in it. Here is a link to the main forum threads:

http://crochettalk.com/forum.php

You will see a thread called pictures. If you click on this, it will take you to all the threads that have been posted there. If you will look in the mostly upper left corner, there is a green button that says post new thread. Click this button and a box will come up to enter text and title. There will also be a paperclip that you can click on to add files/photos from your computer. Once the file is attached, then when you post the thread, it should be there with your entry.

I hope this helps you. I will keep my eye out to see if you need further help. Other members may also be available to help you, so don't hesitate to ask! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Photo of a Baby Blanket Border

Hi,

I finished knitting the body of the blanket and would now like to crochet the border but can't seem to find anything that resembles it. Thought by posting it someone might be able to help me with what it is or where to look to find it.

However, I tried to attach the photo to this message only for some reason I couldn't. Twice a message came back saying the upload of the document failed. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I think I need some help!!!

Thanks,
    Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara G,
    Thank you for replying to my introduction. I tried to follow your instructions to attach the photo but it didn't work. It's not the same as when I attach something to my emails. But thank you for trying to help.

Diana

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane,

Here is the listing from the Frequently asked questions, see if this helps you. If not, let me know if you have skype and I can walk with you through it over the computer by voice. Or maybe by instant messenger, if that is better.

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.