Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Newbie

I just found this site today and joined because I am an avid crocheter and love to search for new ideas and patterns. This site looked very interesting, so here I am. I have been crocheting for about 62 years (oops, gave away my age) and was taught by an aunt when I showed interest in her projects at a very young age. It was the best gift she could have ever given me because I have found pleasure in the craft for most of my life. I have 2 sons and 3 grandchildren. I have tried to teach my 2 gd's to crochet but with no success. However, my 19 year old gd found knitting when she was about 12 (taught herself) and now as a college junior she finds great "get away" in her knitting at school. She does beautiful, intricate designs and loves wearing her own creations. The younger gd (age 12) is hopeless when it comes to any kind of needlecraft. She is too much into computers!
    I look forward to reading the new posts and Crochet Talk's new letters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I too was taught at a young age. And both of my girls know how to crochet.. My oldest, now 39, is getting better but only does a few things. My younger daughter, now 37 can crochet really good ( she was gifted at it) but cannot anymore because of bad arthrites in her wrist from breaking it years ago. We would love to see some pictures of your projects. will you share some with us.? If you have any questions, just ask away... someone will know the answer.. and if your looking for a special pattern, this is the place to be, just ask and we will help you find it. Happy Crocheting
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome! It is great to have you here on site with us! Love to hear about you and look forward to hearing more soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! welcome to the forums!