Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hi everyone!

Hi, my name is Tammy.... boopie is my nick for Betty Boop, my heroine! LOL
    Just starting to learn how to crochet; I'm a lefty so we'll see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am a lefty, so if you need any help doing things" backwards"...( I learned to crochet sitting across from my right-handed grandmother while she told me how to do it.) Luckily there are a lot of tutorials with left hand crocheters.

3. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Tammy! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa addicted to doileis

5. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice to meet you guys and everyone else here; this seems to be a very interesting forum. To be honest, I never imagined just how many different items can be crocheted! I cannot wait to get a little better in just the single stitch!!! *smile*

7. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tammy, welcome to the forums!

9. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...

11. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering about brands of yarn, and hope it's alright to ask. I bought some Red[ Heart yarn at WalMart, and I believe it's called 'I Love This Yarn' at Hobby Lobby. Both were worsted, medium and 100% acrylic. The Red Heart yarn seems to be loosely made/raveling. I thought it was me not being able to do crochet, but then I started using the 'I Love' yarn and the stitches were coming out really well! Could it be I just got a bad skein of Red Heart yarn? I've read good reviews on the internet about it. I tried to find a post on here about brands of yarn, but wasn't having much luck.
    Thanks for any comments you give.

13. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tammy and welcome! Sometimes yarn seems to split for no apparent reason! Or maybe you did get a bad skein! We've had a few discussions on brands of yarn on this forum! I'll look to see if I can find them!! So glad you joined us and feel comfortable enough with us to ask questions!!

15. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Glad to have you here in the forums! Nice to meet you - I am Barbara! I have posted left handed videos in the links and resources and thought I had a thread dedicated to lefties. I will do some more checking and add an updated post in that thread.

17. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

Just thought y'all might get a kick outta this.... yesterday afternoon I was trying to just get the hang of the single crochet, and my dog thought the ball of yarn was hers; she started batting it around and I ended up putting it on a table where she couldn't reach it. So, tonight, I thought I would practice a little, and our Miss Baylee decided that was her toy and started trying to pull and chew on it... LOL.... guess where the ball of yarn ended up?!! I am gonna have to wait til she's taking her nap.... and that's not when I come home from work through the week.
    Last edited by boopie; 11-19-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: spelling!

19. Likes Val, janie mae, Landon liked this post