Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Baking

I Know most of you will be stuffed from Thanksgiving dinner and not thinking about Christmas Baking yet. But I am looking for some easy cookie recipes, for the holidays, does anyone have a special one that they like to make. I need a fail safe recipe too Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

Are you looking for desserts, side dishes, or the main meal?

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Barbi
    I am looking for cookies or squares, something a little different. I bought my stuff yesterday from the bulk store. I defrosted my Christmas Cake from last year, but haven't undone the foil yet. Hope its alright. I will really be annoyed if it isn't. Thought I might add some more liquor to it sna let it ferment. HA HA Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

Sorry about the question. When I reread your original post, the answer was pretty much in front of my eyes! I must have been really tired. I also would like to do some more baking for Christmas this year. The last few years I have not done so much. This year my boys are asking for homemade peanut butter fudge. I will have to dust the recipes off! I will also keep my eyes out for cookie recipes. I have done some in the past, but it has been a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great, anything that is easy, but tastes great. Guess I should join a recipe forum too. Misty

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to make a cake myself like a log or something...then decorate it. I never really decorated any cake before except with whipped cream, so I hope it comes out OK. Here is a fail-safe chocolate chip cookies recipe that I hope you will like. Tell me how they turned out! https://docs.google.com/View?id=dftxgfgt_65kpxds5fz
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the recipe. It will be a week or so before I begin my baking. My hubby would have it all gone before Christmas if I did it now. Putting up the tree this weekend. Really enjoy decorating. We received our first snow of the winter, not too much about an inch or so. Not enough to cover everything yet. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    We do quite a bit of baking for Christmas. Each member of my family has a different cookie recipe they love and I try to make them all and maybe throw in one or two new ones. It's a family affair. My mother & sister come over and the kids help too. We have trays and cooling racks everywhere. Then, when the baking is done, all the families divide up the loot and take some home so we all have homemade, fresh-baked cookies for the holidays. We make meringues, chocolate pecan marshmallow cookies, cathedral fudge and so many more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Theresa
    Thanks for that information, when you divide the loot, could you make an extra pile and send it along to me. They all sound delicious. Misty

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are most welcome Misty! Always happy to help.
    FairyNatB