Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Design Your Own Crochet Patterns

Good evening,

I was actually looking for something else online and came across this link:

Design Your Own Crochet Patterns

Hopefully, it will be helpful to those who desire to create their own patterns. It would be really cool to learn.

2. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi

thanks for yet another link. I did try once to write a very simple pattern...hmm, must say it was not too great
    Anyway I will try that link and check out how they can help. Have any of you ever written your own pattern and carried it out successfully?
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be interesting to try! Thanks Barbara G! @ fairynatb I've made plenty of my own patterns, lol, just going off on my own tangents, never could replicate them after I finished, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean about going off on your own tangent! I've done that myself, then later wished I'd had the discipline to write it down as I went. Oh well....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to check that link out for sure! I've always wanted to be able to create my own patterns. I usually just look at what I have on hand or what colors I'm interested in at the moment, and go from there. I'm never able to replicate because it's on the fly!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made many items without a pattern- usually simple things- baby blankets, hats, purses even a sweater. Problem is that I don't write down what I do- rather I have do it free handed or use another clothing item as a template. Most of the designs have come out well- but I like giving away one of a kind items instead of making the same pattern over and over.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see most of us have the same habit of not writing down the instructions for whatever items we come up with...I have made a scarf once with only double crochet and chain spaces and that is simple enough for me to just look at it and know but I have also tried small doilies, especially just after I felt more confident to try to crochet something. For those as well, i have not written down the pattern and i am sure i cannot make the same ones again!
    FairyNatB

9. Likes yarnmama liked this post