Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Hot Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Hot Pads

Hi everyone
    Has anyone crocheted hot pads. A few Christmases ago I made about a dozen and put them in a Christmas Fair. I didn't sell one. I use them quite often on the table, when I have hot food. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Misty,

I have not done hot pads yet. I would love to try though!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was also able to create some myself but I used old clothes and recycled them by cutting them into strips, much like the one posted on the rags rugs thread. I know I was able to take photos of them before but I have to check my files first since I can't find any right now

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done some a few years ago and I am still using them now...however, they look a bit tired now...maybe I could do with new ones!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have been crocheting hot pads for a while now and give them as gifts my sister in law always wants me to make more for her she says their her favorite to use and uses them more than store bought. Is there a certain pattern your looking for? I'm always surfing the web for free patterns for all types of projects I'd be more than willing to help in finding what your looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the old fashioned hot pad crochet patterns. You don't see them very often anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I'm not sure where I got the pattern, but you crocheted two the same and fastened them back to back. I also used regular yarn not crochet cotton. I think they are very useful. I have given some to a girl friend. I should make some for my daughter and granddaughter. Great Idea !! Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    These would probably be great for using up scraps of yarn, too. I am adding this to my list of potential Christmas gifts to make for next year. I hope I can find some patterns I like. Does anyone have any they really like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is link for a hotpad that was put on the forum some time ago.

Variegated Earthtone Potholders - Free Crochet Pattern for Variegated Earthtone Potholders

Hope this will help you.

rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    I love hot pads. Use them all the time. This is a requested item on my Xmas list this year so I am hoping I get some. I have crocheted some in the past.