Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help with mittens for men

Hello everyone. I am so excited to be able to participate in this group. I look forward to checking my e mail every day and to learn more about crochet. At the moment and because I am retired I would like to start making mitts, hats and scarves for the homeless people of our city. I was recently informed that although we are not a big community (around 45,000) we have more than 700 homeless people. It just breaks my heart and more so at this time of year. I was also told that it was mostly the men who were in need of these articles. Because I have accumulated quite a bit of wool which was mostly donated, I would like to help whomever I can and also because crocheting is faster than knitting, I am looking for these particular patterns before the weather reaches -40. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get regarding this. Thank you all in advance for your cooperation to this matter and I look forward to hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...so happy you are able to help your community...I'm sure someone will come along soon to help you w/ your request. Happy Crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi grandmabeep, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! We love to hear about those who crochet and help others. Please let us know how your project is coming along!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Grandmabeep, and Welcome!!

I am Landon, a newbie to crocheting. I am delighted to hear about your charity work.
    The homeless break my heart too.
    If you have pics of your work, we'd love to see them!!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like

Crocheted mittens

Mitten Pattern.pdfHelp with mittens for men-mitten-5-7-size-jpgThis pattern has the full range of sizes. I attached a photo of a mitten from this pattern that I made with multicolored yarn. Note the instructions say to work on the back loop. By doing this the result comes out in a corduroy effect - making them thicker and warmer. I also weigh each finished pair in grams on a postage scale. Later if I have a part of a skein I can weigh it an know which size I can make with that left over yarn. Cheers to you for donating your mittens. That's what my mother did - all 370 pair each year.
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15