Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Free Material on Internet

What a great place to get ideas, on the internet. Now days, so many people search for information on the internet. I have been amazed at how many resources are available online. I think it is an awesome resource that is available, and many people do not even really know what is out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you are right about that. You just have to do a search and all sorts of craft sites jump out at you. Love it. Anyone find free yarn or cord etc, Should check out KiJiJi.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there!
    I have learnt lots about free stuff available on the internet when I was pregnant; I subscribed to all the baby clubs online for the UK and got loads of free samples and toys and coupons for supermarkets. I have also downloaded free patterned paper for crafts at times but have not done it in a while.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the internet is full of all kinds of information from A to Z. Regardless of your quest you can usually find it on line, just takes a little time. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that I can get a lot of free patterns online. I remember when I was still competing in crochet competitions during high school (that was more than 10 years ago! lol!), me and my mom would have to look at all the bookstores and even second hand book shops just to get my hands on some good crochet patterns. Finally one of my aunts from Canada sent us several magazines of crochet patterns where I got the patterns I used for the competitions. The second hand shops are also good treasure troves of crochet books but nothing beats the free stuff that I now have access to in the internet. Also there are so many tutorials available nowadays which is a big help especially since I don't have anyone more knowledgeable than me in this stuff. And besides, who doesn't love FREE stuff.

6. Likes kimr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning everyone,
    Yes, the internet is a very resourceful place. Can't believe that it hasn't been around forever, what did we do without it. Wow

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the internet is now thought of as being part of everyday life; can't live without it really. Before though, I believe there was more human contact and exchange involved in practically everything whereas now, we just sit in front of a screen and look for things, everything! Buy, sell, get for free, ask questions...the list is endless!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing to me how much there is out there on the internet. How did we ever make it without it? It's hard to remember what life was like before the net. As someone posted above, although it's been a great resource, it's also cost us in human contact over the years.

With that being said, how many of you have used how-to videos online and learned successfuly from it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi
    I really have never used them, I guess because I am limited in the amount of time spent on the internet, by my provider and therefore stay away from video.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used how-to videos on You Tube to learn about a hairstyle for a costume party. My son uses it frequently to learn how to play various songs on the keyboard. It is amazing what can be found on the Internet. I'll bet YouTube has videos on crocheting too. I'll have to check that out.