Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!

I'm new to this, so here goes. I'm a beginner at cocheting and have tried to make a ripple afghan. The only problem I seem to be having is that the sides are curling under. What do I need to do???? Thanks in advance for any help you'll can give.

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all curling happens to us all...but I have to ask how is your tention? Are your stitches very tight? If no, have you added extra stiches or are you counting along? If the ans is no to these questions, and without seeing you work, I would say pin the sides when you crochet is at rest...the rows that are already complete keep them pinned while continue to work on....hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, the weight will straghten out some. Anasia is totally right. Number one count,count, count. Always count your stiches. When I make a ripple blanket I even sleep counting so many up so many across so many down. Plan on a boarder. It can be as easy as a single crochet around. Most you be patient with you. Take a break. Smell the flowers this is suppose to be fun. People laugh at me all the time. I read out loud the directions. Frog and frog. Don't worry its a gift.
    Good stiches
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi countryflea, welcome to the forums! the sides of your afghan will straight up as you make your afghan..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! Glad that you are here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Val- the edges will lay flat when you are done! Just make sure your stitch count is right! And welcome! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet

Hi this is binkie. I have crocheted for many years and think your problem may be tension too tight. It may block out.