Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My Love Bird Babies At 3 Weeks!

Hi everyone! These pictures are my baby love bird chicks at 3 weeks old. The 1st picture is the oldest, the 2nd picture is the 2nd born, the 3rd picture is the baby, the 4th picture is one of all 3 of them looking at themselves in the mirror, and the 5th picture is the parents of the chicks. The green love bird is the dad--"Max". The pretty blue one is the mom--"bobbie Jo".
    Attached Images Attached Images My Love Bird Babies At 3 Weeks!-371-jpg My Love Bird Babies At 3 Weeks!-372-jpg My Love Bird Babies At 3 Weeks!-373-jpg My Love Bird Babies At 3 Weeks!-376-jpg My Love Bird Babies At 3 Weeks!-366-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    They are truly beautiful!! I know nothing about birds, do you help the parents with feedings or do they take care of that? You know how sometimes kittens and puppies need to be helped along.

I love it when babies see themselves in the mirror, LOL They react in such a darling way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I wish we could use the c... word they are all that!I don't know about birds either. They sure are pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! How nice to see them. They are changing! Sweet. TFS.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi landon, both parents share in the feeding of the babies. both adult birds are first time parents and they are doing a great job in feeding them and grooming them. i change the nest that i crochet with the scrap yarn and throw it away and put in a new one and that is it for me, the parents do the rest. i keep an extra helping of seed in the cage for the parents, since they are always feeding the chicks. i also handle the chicks everyday so they can be tame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    They are truly beautiful!! I know nothing about birds, do you help the parents with feedings or do they take care of that? You know how sometimes kittens and puppies need to be helped along.

I love it when babies see themselves in the mirror, LOL They react in such a darling way!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks billiebob, they are quite an amusing little family!
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Oh I wish we could use the c... word they are all that!I don't know about birds either. They sure are pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    to cute! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love them! I have 2 green with red face and one yellow with red face and red eyes. She laid egg today... No males.

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They get cuter every day! Keep the photos coming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for sharing you babies with us. My husband and I use to raise parrots. We had cockatiels, severe macaws, Jardines, Cockatoos, Crimson winged parakeets, Blue Front Amazons, Parrolettes I can't even remember the others at this time. I loved the hand feeding, although it does keep ya close to home during those weeks. We did have 1 pr. of Love Birds, but couldn't get them to breed for us. I miss them every time I see baby pictures, but not enough to get back into it again.

Do you have any other breeds? I have always heard it is best to stick with one breed, and logically I know that is true, just could never get myself to do that ......lol.

Thanks,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by libertylady64 View Post
    Hi everyone! These pictures are my baby love bird chicks at 3 weeks old. The 1st picture is the oldest, the 2nd picture is the 2nd born, the 3rd picture is the baby, the 4th picture is one of all 3 of them looking at themselves in the mirror, and the 5th picture is the parents of the chicks. The green love bird is the dad--"Max". The pretty blue one is the mom--"bobbie Jo".