Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I Just Talked to Faye

Hi, Yawl,

She is still in the hospital, she can't leave until she is off the morphine pump. She sounded good, but there is something she is concerned about.

She is experiencing memory loss and confusion. She said they don't know if it is due to a stroke or an interaction of the meds they put her on(anesthesia + pain meds) with the meds she takes. She said they were asking her about her meds (which they should have a list of everything she is on, but maybe they are thinking she takes something OTC they don't know about) and I am hoping that it is due to a medication conflict with something they have given to her.

She sounded strong, she was clearly speaking to me, she knew who I was, she knew where she was and why. She did not slur one word at all. She said she misses everyone and so wants to go home and get out of there, but of course, she is concerned about this memory issue. She said the nurses come in, leave and when they come back, she doesn't know who they are. How scary is that??

I told her that everyone sends their best, with hugs and prayers!!

Bless her heart!! I know yawl will keep her in your prayers!!

XOXOX
    Landon

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my that would be scary!! I hope it is just a temporary thing due to the meds and nothing something else.

4. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it? I can only imagine what it must be like! I would be worried if it were me. It was really nice to talk to her, ya know, now I have a voice to go with her posts and everything. I even talked to her twin, I called Kaye first cos I thought Faye would be out of the hospital already. They both have beautiful voices.

Post Thanks / Like
    My fingers are crossed and then some!!! It is great to put a voice to a name.

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry just seeing this now - Sunday 4:00. That morphine really can mess things up.

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That it does. I just want her to get better and to get to go home.

11. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the body does weird things with anesthia. Hopefully, this is a short term thing. I would say give it a little time and see then. Hopefully, she will be back to normal very soon. Thanks for keeping us posted! Tell her we are thinking about her if you talk to her again!

13. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am more than happy to, Barbara, thank you so much!!

XOXOX

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon you are an angel.. Do you live close ?? Ieft her a message did'nt know how bad & in Hospital. Made a plain smallshawl send with sq./?? to Val. Thank you for your kindness &shariing. oxoox& XXOOOOOOXXX Fay Susan m J

16. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So happy to hear about faye...I have to say, when I had my surgery, I experienced memory loss too... I hope it was not a stroke....best wishing and thanks Landon for keeping us posted....

18. Likes Landon liked this post