Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

"Just for Me Day"...how do you spend yours?

I enjoy having what I call a"Just for Me Day"! As the title indicates, this is a day that I dedicate solely to myself. It's totally all about me! Being retired, I've experienced many days like this.

Here's just a sample of a "Just for Me Day" at home:
    ~all things are done in a relaxed manner, no rushing allowed!
    ~eating on dishes that are usually used only when I entertain guests
    ~preparing a breakfast meal that I really, really, really love!
    ~ luxurious relaxing bubble bath, one that almost puts me to sleep!
    ~wearing my loungewear for 1/2 the day
    ~watching marathon movies
    ~indulging on mouth-watering snacks
    ~working to my heart's content on a hobby/hobbies with no interruptions
    ~reading a book that I just can't put down!

I think you get the idea! Oh, I need a day like this real soon!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 11-03-2012 at 01:08 AM.

2. Likes GrammaJoe, BarbySue, martie781 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get too many of those days!! I would spend it just crocheting and sleeping!!! Never seem to get enough of either one!!

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm....I am JUST learning to have those...yes Crocheting is a must...even if it's just something small...I like a marathon idea but I have to be sick and that's not a me day..lol; I like the idea of collecting stuff from my garden...then again, I have to start a garden to be able to reap....I guess a day to wake up full rested, less pain and just doing stuff at my pace....

Post Thanks / Like
    My JFM Day would include taking a hike and enjoying the Fall leaf color, definitely some special food ,(hot chocolate) and some crocheting! Good idea Butterflyrose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...I don't ever get to take a Just for Me Day! Sounds like a great idea though! Maybe when my kids are out of the house! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I live alone, so everyday is a Just For Me Day, LOLOL Oh, how I crack myself up!!! But if I wanted a Pamper Me day, it would include getting my hair cut, eye brows waxed, a drive up to the city for some fun shopping and a nice lunch somewhere. I would LOVE to get a massage but I have fibro and massages are out of the question for me. Even bathing is painful. But I Truck [I]ON[/I], because [I]I MUST!![/I]

Post Thanks / Like
    Marti 781 here and do not know if i am replying to messege correctly? Working alot as a geriatric
    assissant but eager to start a holiday project soon

Post Thanks / Like
    want to start a crochet project per holiday pattern but working out of the home and so much
    to do!! Didn't know previous msg posted and can't figure out how to delete this...new to
    computers!! Also, I enjoy reading on Kindle, my kitty cat, and my recorded tv shows. Need
    to start Christmas shopping soon to avoid holiday rush and possible incement weather around
    the corner!! Want to be ahead of the game this year
    Last edited by martie781; 11-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get me days.. but I get me times where I just relax and read or crochet or whatever without my boys underfoot ( pretty much after bedtimes) lol

11. Likes martie781 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never talked to anyone before about FIBRO! You are the first person i know who deals with it like myself. I have had extreme back problems since after my first son was born 21 years ago. I was 21 then and they finally diagnosed me 8 years ago. It hurts to do anything, so I lay in bed and crochet or sleep n crochet I've made some interesting projects in my sleep. A just for me day would be one without pain! I do what i can my husband and 4 boys are the ones I LOVE SO MUCH! They help when they can then i get frustrated cuz i am so tired of not being able to.