Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing things backwards, as usual. Everyone is so friendly here.

Hi everyone. As usual I'm doing things "bass ackward". Some topics caught my eye, and I started posting, and I asked about Bavarian Crochet, so I've been active here for a couple weeks now.

Everyone has been so nice and helpful. I'm so happy to have found a site that is active. I don't really know anyone that crochets more than occasional afghans.

I'm really addicted to crocheting. I love looking at it, reading about it, thinking about it, and of course doing it.

I got laid off last year, and I've spent time learning new stitches and listening to Podcasts or taking a course, etc. to learn as much as I can, and decide how I can proceed with a business. I think (hope) I'm ready. (well even if I'm not, I need too start). I have lots of ideas, I've done some designs, so I'm now working on some inventory. And will make a facebook page and utilize Etsy and Craftsy to start doing some selling.

I'd love to teach crochet, do some designing, custom orders, etc. If it's not too late to get into some craft shows before Christmas, I'd like to do that locally to start generating some interest in my crochet (and income). I'd love to have a little cozy store where people could come and crochet, but I don't see that happening. I will more likely start a crochet group in my community.

That's enough about my crochet dreams right now. I really just wanted to thank everyone for being so welcoming, and just for being here to exchange ideas. Any thoughts or suggestions would certainly be appreciated. It's a little scary to put myself out there.

Thanks for listening.
    Joyannerose

2. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, that sounds like a lot of our dreams...put yourself out here, we love to chat about crochet....hope all your goals get met.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Anaisa. Your filet crochet looks aweesome. I haven't ventured there, yet, but always wondered how you get that flatness of the stiches.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just the tension; the ends still curl a bit but I pin them while not crocheting...I would love to have a booth; trying for this year but not sure if it will work out....

Post Thanks / Like
    May ALL your dreams and goals be met!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joyannerose, I say..reach for the stars..everyone starts somewhere..dreams do come true!

Post Thanks / Like
    Go after your dreams girl! I sell crochet items for children at Craft Fairs-that was one of my dreams! We are all behind you in whatever you do!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. It's so good to have people to talk "crochet" with. I know I bore the kids, and hubby just nods and agrees with me So it's great to have you guys supporting me.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I know the feeling; although my daughter wants everything I make, even the lopsided stuff, my hubby mostly nods...but he does make me hooks when I can't find them....even pictures if I can't figure out the math....but it's so nice to belong to this community and say my fears and dreams and not feel like an odd ball....thanks all....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

You are welcome here! Obviously, you are fitting right in and posting in the forums! We are glad you decided to join us! Everyone is welcome here!